I just returned from a 3 night stay at Pleasant Bay Village. We enjoyed our stay for sure--no real complaints. But since I rely on TA so heavily as do others, I wanted to provide an accurate picture of this property and tone down what seems to be a cult-like following here. As an initial matter, we made our 3 night reservation less than one week in advance of our stay, so to even find a decent place on the Cape in the middle of the summer on short notice for $300 a night was a relief. But I always review in the context of what has been paid and for $300 a night, the bar is set high, even for Cape Cod in July. And I want to be clear--but for the people running this place who are exceptionally gracious, this would be an average rating. Our room was booked as an "extra deluxe" room with 2 queen beds @ $275 per night ($300 including taxes). While the room was certainly comfortable for my wife and our two children under 10 years old, it did not meet my expectations of what a $300 nightly room should be. We had no outdoor seating area other than two small chairs at the doorway (reviews here led me to believe we would have some sort of outdoor seating area--definitely confirm that if it's important to you as it was to me). The bathroom was as small as I've ever seen in a hotel/motel--barely enough room for one person to get around--fortunately the sink was outside of the room with the toilet and bath. Instead of a deluxe bathroom, there was a form-fitted replacement (e.g. "refinish your bathroom in one day") shower/bath combo. The small refrigerator was nice but barely large enough to hold a six pack and a bottle of wine. No extra blankets and dated furnishings. Definite thin walls. On the plus side, the room was spacious, well-maintained by housekeeping and had a nice flat screen that was wall-mounted. The selling point here for sure is a great mid-Cape location (easy drive into beautiful Chatham center, all the great beaches like Nauset and Skacet) and Provincetown). The pool is beautiful and totally family friendly with readily available pool towels. Property grounds are fantastic. Nice coffee service in the lobby. We did not eat at PBV so I cannot comment on food there. Most importantly, everyone working here was very friendly and helpful in securing things like boogie boards for the kids, dinner recommendations and other tourist advice. I would return here but with more realistic expectations for the price being paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pleasant Bay Village is a unique and beautiful hotel/resort offering luxurious accommodations including rooms, efficiencies, and suites; located on 6-acres of exotic rock gardens and waterfalls in Chatham, just a short drive into town and seconds from Pleasant Bay beach. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast in our dining room or relax by our outdoor heated pool and jacuzzi. All rooms are decorated with original art from local artists, are non-smoking and have free wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pleasant Bay Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pleasant Bay Village Chatham
- Pleasant Bay Village Hotel Chatham