“No frills awesome food”

Chatham Fish & Lobster
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The food was excellent- lobster roll is all meat and the fish and chips were cooked perfectly. No frills, but no worries you are there for the awesome food.

1  Thank cheryl K

Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you hadn't told me the fried seafood was gluten free, I'd never had guessed. OK - that's *why* we went, but it's always great to get GF that's not an also-ran. A good old paper-napkin seafood joint, since they're a fish market also, the seafood is fresh and tasty. No difference in the off-season, when you might think the turnover slows down and freshness might suffer. Friendly helpful staff.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We ordered our Lobsters cooked along with Steamers - CFL has delicious food, wonderful service, easy parking access.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

The lobster bisque was the best i've tried in a long time, homemade, creamy and full of lobster meat. Crab cakes and fish sandwich were also delicious. They have great variety of gluten free options and great gluten free cookies.

2  Thank Valeriya K
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have to start with this was the first fried fish I have had since I was forced to go gluten free 4 years ago. Words cannot describe how excited that made me. I thought it was heavenly, and had to ask my Husband his thoughts since it had been so long. He agreed this fried fish was the freshest, and most delicious he had eaten in a very long time! The fries and coleslaw were equally yummy.
My only negative would be the drink situation. All drinks are retrieved from a stand up cooler, and I am just a fresh ice tea kind of girl, so that was a bit disappointing. The restaurant looks to be an afterthought addition to a fresh fish market, and the concentration is on the food, not the service. It seems to do a lot of take out business, with several options in the cooler as well.
If you love fresh fried fish - this is your place for a casual meal.