“Very dissapointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Chatham Fish & Lobster
Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Very dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Wow, I can't believe this place got half decent reviews. We at at the take out restaurant and it was very dissapointing. I had a lobster roll for $17. I have never had one before and and turned off by ever having one again. The lobster was chewy. There was a piece of shell in my sandwhich and there were little lobster eggs in it as well, which i'm guessing aren't supposed to be there. I've had lobster many times and it's delicious, especially with butter. So the roll was different as it's cold and no butter, but there was no flavour whatsoever. Why not add some flavour to the mayo that the lobster is mixed with? Or at least salt!! My boyfriend had the fish and chips and the batter was dried up and cardboard like. His fish was tender, but when it's wrapped in a non crispy batter, it kind of ruins the whole idea. Everyone in this town and pretty much everyone we've dealt with has been super helpful and friendly. But the young man who served us at this place had terrible customer service skills. He was arrogant and unpleasant and made us feel like we were putting him out.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KevnJules

Boston, Massachusetts
“Lunch was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stopped here for lunch on the way to town. I thought my clam belly roll was average. My friend had the lobster roll which was good but the lobster wasn't as tasty as he had hoped. My other friend didn't like clam bellies so he had the shrimp roll which he liked. I didn't think this was anything super special but it is a quick place to stop on the way into town with lots of parking.

Although I didn't try the fish market, I've heard good things about it from several other people.

Visited July 2012
New York
“Our source for all our seafood.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Great staff, helpful and knowledgeable. Reasonable prices and always fresh.

Visited May 2012
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Great Fish Market”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is one fine Fish Market. The manager Bruce really is smart and helpful, The locale love this market.

• Visited May 2011
“A Coeliac heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

What a wonderful surprise it was to find this restaurant . Service was helpful and friendly . The fish and chips were my husband said as good as his normal fare . The cod was very fresh , and the addition of onion rings made it a very special meal !! We will return next year . A perfect meal in a restaurant where you do not have to ask anything , or check anything , just enjoy the meal !!