“I love the Chatham Village Market!”

Chatham Village Market
Ranked #19 of 48 things to do in Chatham
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I own a home in Chatham and pay taxes in the town of Chatham. I know that the Chatham Village Market is an outstanding market and an outstanding member of our community. I know they keep over 60 people in jobs and donate to all areas of the community including the food pantry. They have a variety of delicious foods and their meat is the best on Cape Cod. Service is always outstanding and the employees and owners always go out of their way to help me. They do home deliveries to the elderly and even run their errands for them. The chicken pot pies are delicious especially when I don't feel like cooking. I love the Chatham Village Market.

4  Thank w t

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I own a home in Chatham. I pay taxes on my home, respect my neighbors and their proprties and I regularly spend money at local businesses in Chatham including the extremely overpriced Village Market. And almost without exception, the cashiers (an older woman is a repeat offender) yell across the checkout aisles to "locals" about "missing 'old Chatham'" or "only two more weeks" (of summer) to have deal with us awful people who make their jobs and local businesses possible. This eggregious, overt rudeness to my family has made me avoid ever shopping at the Village Market and without exception, when I have to resort to shopping there in an emergency, the cashiers say nasty things. I am so angry and sick of this that I will copy this message and post it wherever I can. In terms of the product they sell, they have yet to step into the decade and sell unprocessed food I prefer the Natural Food Market any day.

9  Thank Tara B
Reviewed August 9, 2013

i shop frequently at the Chatham Village Market.Actually i am in there every day. I love the selections of meats ,fresh fish daily and deli prepared foods. The staff is friendly and pleasant. If I can't find something someone walks me to the location of the item. The meat cutters will cut anything you are looking for. The chef who prepares the cooked foods will honor any request if it is possible on the same day. The deli staff manage to handle 5 or 6 customers at a time . The wait time is minimal considering how busy they are. The cashiers and front people are extremely pleasant .Overall the whole experience is a 5 out of 5.

5  Thank gialynnj
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Everything is excellent there. Shop the back of the store counters. Service is excellent. It is god that they retained the downtown market that had a lot of petitions and signatures to save it when CVS came in. Everything is well done in this local market.

5  Thank Allen F
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went in there and presented myself to the meat counter where I was told by some friends I could get some really nice dry aged steaks. The fellow behind the counter (that I later find out is the owner) pulls out a whole ribeye that was aged about 2 weeks and I tell him I would like 3 1 1/2 inch steaks. They're about 24 bucks a pound. He says they will go in the back and cut them. In the mean time, I'm chit chatting with my college buddy and inadvertantly place my hand on the glass meat case. Some woman runs up to me and asks me if "I want any Windex", and thrusts some paper towels in my face. I was at first befuddled and said "Excuse me?"
She repeated her statement and began snearing. I finally figured out she was displeased that I had dared place my palm on her work of art meat case. She stomps off and my friend and I are rather bemused.
The same fellow who helped us before comes out and says it'll only be a few minutes more, at which point I thought it an opportune time to relate the prior experience to him, as the woman was overtly rude and needs to be set straight by someone. He asks me to point out the person, which I do, then he turns and says, "Well it wouldn't be nice if someone walked up to your car and put their hands on it"...
WTF???!!!!
I told him that I really don't care if people put their hands on my car, but I am a paying patron in his establishment and I feel I was treated disrespectfully by an employee of his. At that point I told him, "Keep your steaks".....

6  Thank JohnnyBruno