“Owner is a real jerk”

Chatham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Owner is a real jerk”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went in there and presented myself to the meat counter where I was told by some friends I could get some really nice dry aged steaks. The fellow behind the counter (that I later find out is the owner) pulls out a whole ribeye that was aged about 2 weeks and I tell him I would like 3 1 1/2 inch steaks. They're about 24 bucks a pound. He says they will go in the back and cut them. In the mean time, I'm chit chatting with my college buddy and inadvertantly place my hand on the glass meat case. Some woman runs up to me and asks me if "I want any Windex", and thrusts some paper towels in my face. I was at first befuddled and said "Excuse me?"
She repeated her statement and began snearing. I finally figured out she was displeased that I had dared place my palm on her work of art meat case. She stomps off and my friend and I are rather bemused.
The same fellow who helped us before comes out and says it'll only be a few minutes more, at which point I thought it an opportune time to relate the prior experience to him, as the woman was overtly rude and needs to be set straight by someone. He asks me to point out the person, which I do, then he turns and says, "Well it wouldn't be nice if someone walked up to your car and put their hands on it"...
WTF???!!!!
I told him that I really don't care if people put their hands on my car, but I am a paying patron in his establishment and I feel I was treated disrespectfully by an employee of his. At that point I told him, "Keep your steaks".....

Visited July 2013
5 Thank JohnnyBruno

Chichester, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great place to shop whilst self-catering on vacation”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were self-catering for four days in Chatham and needed to find a local store which sold good quality food.

At Chatham Village Market we found everything we needed - the scallops were very fresh and reasonably priced as were the steaks we bought.

There was a good selection of fruit and vegetables and we got some delicious, super-sweet corn cobs and tasty baking potatoes. They also sell proper bread. There was a good choice of basics like milk and butter.

Friendly staff too.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank thegreatcolinandpat
Chatham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Chatham Gem!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been a loyal customer for many years. Their prepared foods are wonderful, they have added some great new additions. I always have one of their quiches in my freezer just in case, my friends love them! The Butcher Dept., Deli and Produce are great. My absolute favorite is the bakery items; cookies, muffins, coffee cake, etc. They also carry cape cod creamery ice cream, yummy! So many great items. Pricey for everyday items; paper goods, soda, cleaners, etc. so plan accordingly.
I will continue to support this local gem!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank KathyCapeCod
Holden, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“convenient”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

It was a nice market which carried different items like cheeses. It is expensive but the convenience makes it very worth while.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank cattrooper
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“embarassing”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Today was my first day living in the charming town of Chatham where everyone is nice and makes you feel welcome which is refreshing since having lived in big cities.That was until I visited the Chatham Village Market. After looking around and then ordering some deli meats I needed to use the restroom in which I entered without any merchandise I might add. Upon exiting I was confronted by the owner Bob in front of customers and accused of stealing meatballs. Really.... meatballs, where would I have hidden them . After hearing enough of this the NY in me came out.The police arrived and I was treated like a criminal. After reviewing the videos , searching of all places including the restroom, and speaking to the clerk who accused me of this ridiculous crime I was given a measly apology and told that I could leave.. believe this as it is the truth, I asked that you think of this before considering shopping there. The only reason there is a star as I had to give it

Visited November 2012