“Great fresh seafood - right off the boats”

Chatham Pier Fish Market
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 8, 2012

It doesn't get any fresher than this. The seafood comes right off the boats and into the fish market. The prices are not cheap, but you won't find better seafood anywhere else.

There are newer reviews for Chatham Pier Fish Market

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We walked in and were the only people there in the afternoon. Three young women were behind the counter and none acknowledged us. We looked at the menu and one of them looked over at us from a distance and I asked if she would take our order and she nodded and barely looked at us. The chowder was mediocre and the lobster roll was lackluster. I would not go back though I am staying only a few minutes walk away.

1  Thank p169649
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Great experience that we stumbled upon after a fun morning shopping in Chatham.

The counter was VERY busy but friendly. We shared a pint of soup, order of clam fritters & a lobster roll which came with fries & slaw.

The store ambience is quaint. The outside is great & you can watch the fishermen come in, walk the beach, use restrooms, etc. We ate at an area with a few shared picnic tables on a cool September day. Lovely.

The soup was awesome with just enough clam sand to make it real:). The fritters were fried w/ a bit of spice & quite good. The lobster salad was also quite good and the fries fresh & crispy. We loved the experience & the food was very good. If we lived in the area we would be here often.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

I had read quite a few of excellent reviews about this place and as soon as my wife and I visited Chatham, I made her to go there for lunch. Outside is beautiful: the bay, rusty old fishermens` boats, seagulls. We got the clam chowder and a fishermen`s basket for two as I wanted to try a little of everything. Soup was as good as it should be in New England. Rich, perfectly spiced and had a lot of fish. They just forgot to put it in with our order at first. We should have checked it, of course. We walked for sometime and found the beautiful spot away from dead seagull and had to walk back for soup.

The basket was a real disappointment. The sign in the shop informed us that fish is bought fresh daily from local fishermen. I do believe that, but why did they have to dump all these excellent fish into an old oil and grease it beyond any recognition? Fish, shrimps, clams, mussels, onion rings... they all tasted like oil and looked the same. I have nothing against fried food and not too afraid of cholesterol, but this was just bad.

Conclusion: Do come and get the soup.

2  Thank Evgeny P
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was very surprised the first time I ate here. We usually go here to watch the boats come in and the seals. But one day I decided to have lunch. We ordered the clam strip roll. It was the best I have ever had on the Cape. There is a couple of picnic tables to eat at but thats it. The only draw back is parking. The lot is small and fills up fast. But I think it is worth all the trouble. Been going for 6 years now.