“Gourmet breakfast at the Chatham Airport? Yep. Hangar B Eatery is a gem!”
Review of Hangar B Eatery

Hangar B Eatery
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Chatham
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
“Gourmet breakfast at the Chatham Airport? Yep. Hangar B Eatery is a gem!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by Hangar B for an early lunch. By all appearances, the eatery is a very casual place, so I expected a simple menu of eggs, sandwiches, coffee - the basics. But Hangar B offers much, much more.

The menu features such specialies as Red Flannel Hash made with beet, sweet potato, Yukon Gold potato, and bacon served with poached eggs and horseradish creme fraiche; Balsamic Roasted Crimini Mushroom, Arugula, and Aged Vermont Cheddar Omelet; Artichoke, Cipollini Onion, and Fingerling Potato Hash With Two Poached Eggs; to name a few of the choices guaranteed to peak any appetite.

We decided to try the two hashes. Both were served with big slices of sourdough toast, butter, and homemade jams. Both were made to order and beautifully plated. The hashes were flavorful and satisfying; the eggs perfectly poached; the jams homemade and as good as I've tasted (this the opinion of an experienced jammaker).

After the meal, we took home two of the potato buttermilk doughnuts. These old-fashioned donuts, slightly crisp on the outside, sprinkled with just the right amount of powdered sugar looked too good to pass up. And we were not disappointed. They had a chewy, satisfying texture; not too sweet; just sweet enough. We loved them!

We also took home a big jar a Hangar B's jam. It took a while to choose just one of the three flavors: Raspbery Red Wine, Blackberry Lemon, or Strawberry Thyme Balsamic. I sampled but couldn't make up my mind; they were all really, really good; so I left the decision to my husband who favors strawberry. I have no doubt we'll take home the other two flavors on future visits!

• Visited June 2013

“Best breakfast in Chatham!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Quaint, local ingredients, bright atmosphere! Delicious food (try the red flannel hash & you MUST try a potato buttermilk doughnut!), great homemade jams accompany your meal & smiley service. It is pricey (breakfast for 2 was $30+, locally roasted coffee is $3.50 a cup) but SO worth it. I will be stopping here multiple times on my future visits to Chatham!

Visited June 2013
Pennsylvania
“A little pricey and slow”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had not read reviews prior to coming here. My son and I were riding the Cape Cod Rail trail and wanted to stop for lunch. This was the first thing we happened upon. The food was very, very good. However, it was more than what I like to pay for a lunch and for the amount of food you received. We happened to arrive at a busy time I guess. Inside seating is limited and outside even more so. Even though it was windy and slightly chilly we sat outside because the wait was only 5 mins as opposed to 30 mins inside. The service was slower than we liked as we wanted a quick bite and to get back on the trail. It took a little while to order, then to get the food, then to get the check. Didn't seem like alot of people working. But if you don't mind the price, the food was excellent.

South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Not going back anytime soon”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Loved the idea of having a meal at the airport and watching the planes come in and take off BUT the food is WAY over priced and the staff needs to get it together a bit!

Arrived and there was a bit of a wait even though the outdoor counter had open seats. Inquired as to whether we could sit there and was told no because they didn't have a server for that section. So we wait, only to have people who came in after us, seated in that section!!!

Starving and annoyed we spoke up and said that we had been waiting and were told we couldn't sit there, and low and behold we were seated next. Then we had to wait some more, because as it turned out, there really wasn't a server for that section!

Needless to say, the lack of communication coupled with the over priced, lackluster meal was enough for this diner to eat elsewhere!

I hope if YOU go, you have a better experience!

Visited July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Don't let the appearance scare you off! My husband & I went here on the advice of the front desk clerk at our hotel. When we pulled up all we could see was an small, municipal airport building. They need better signage for the restaurant. I ordered the brioche French toast pudding - it was divine. My husband ordered his usual eggs benedict, which he loved. Try to get a seat at the outside bar & bring your camera!