Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A treasure

What a fascinating little place to visit! Every map you could possibly want. Friendly, helpful... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
SD1189
New Jersey
What a fun place to explore!

Incredible selection of maps and postcards. Prices range considerably so the serious collector or... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
michael m

All reviews map store cape cod superior service great selection treasure trove new england prices are reasonable framing antiques postcards perri shipping shop frame chart packaging hometown
Reviewed December 19, 2018

Perri was exceptional in the way she was able help me find the perfect maps. There were more than enough to choose from as well. Maps of Antiquity is lucky to have Perri. I will definitely return to shop in the future.

Date of experience: December 2018
ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2018

Thank you very much for your review! We are so glad that Perri was able to provide noteworthy service and that you found the maps that you wanted. We will be sure to let her know how appreciated her efforts are! Thank you again for your business!

Reviewed December 17, 2018

Was able to get a great map based on what I was looking for. The shop was very responsive to my interests and I was very pleased with the experience.

Date of experience: December 2018
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you had a positive experience. We try to ensure that we give our customers personalized attention and we enjoy helping people find the perfect map! We hope we will be able to help you find another great map in the future! We truly appreciate your business and your review!

Reviewed October 28, 2018

A very helpful and knowledgeable staff. They are also good at follow up phone orders. The owners have an excellent understanding of the history of maps.

Date of experience: November 2017
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Thank you very much for your review! We are so glad that we could be of assistance. We thank you for your business, and look forward to doing business with you in the future!

Reviewed August 22, 2018

I could have easily spent a whole day (or more) looking through the amazing collection of maps and other historic items at Maps of Antiquity. The staff was incredibly friendly and eager to help us find what we were looking for. I could tell that they were passionate about their work and about providing excellent customer service! I ended up purchasing three antique postcards of my hometown that I look forward to displaying in all of my future homes. This store is a fantastic place to buy unique and meaningful gifts for any occasion. I can’t wait to stop in again during my next trip to the Cape!

Date of experience: August 2018
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely review! We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience at our store. We do love our work and all of the antique ephemera that we have the pleasure of handling, and it is particularly rewarding when our customers are equally enthusiastic! So thank you for your engagement with our antiques and your positive energy! We look forward to welcoming you back to the store in the future! If you find that you need maps, prints, or post cards but cannot make it to the Cape, you can always visit our extensive website or give us a call- we are always happy to help you find the perfect antique map! Thank you again, and safe travels until you return!

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of stopping in out of the rain this summer and were given a tour of the collection by a friendly & knowledgeable woman. She was patient with questions, and was able to speak to some of the more unusual, outdated pieces masterfully.

I bought a beautiful map from 1852 and am so excited to have it framed and give it as a gift!

There was a man that would come out of the back room every so often, say something almost comically rude and unexpected and then retreat to the shadows. After the third time this happened, I exchanged an anxious look with the women and ran out of there.

Won't be coming back. It's a shame, it's such a treasure trove.

Date of experience: August 2018
ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

We are sorry to have disappointed you. Bob, the owner, and I have owned this business for over 12 years. We care about our customers, visitors, staff and our business. We apologize if we did not meet your expectations by making you feel more comfortable. Our goal is to make everyone have a terrific experience at our shop and enjoy the maps, prints, framing and information we provide. Danielle - co-owner & wife