Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A+ The review says it all.

Purchased a very nice print that I was already familiar with. This one was in better condidion... read more

Reviewed July 11, 2020
mattlI5994TX
Lewisville, Texas
Excellent Service

I have purchased from Maps of Antiquity. With antique maps, packaging is very important, since the... read more

Reviewed May 10, 2020
AmericanTraveler1952

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Chatham
from $19.00
More Info
from $18.75
More Info
All reviews finished product perfect gift priority mail fair pricing great map in perfect condition exceptional customer service martha's vineyard framing antiques postcards perri shipping packaging collector material
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2018

I discovered this business online and inquired about antique nautical charts. I got quick responses and photos, followed up with a phone call and made a purchase. The chart arrived and it is a beautiful authentic working chart from the 1800's. I absolutely recommend Maps of Antiquity. Working with Perri was a pleasure.
Valerie Head
Fairhope, Alabama

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank vhead2003
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Thank you very much for your business and your kind review. We are so happy that you had a pleasant experience with us and that you like the chart! It was a pleasure talking to you and helping you find just the right chart. If you need any antique maps or charts in the future, we would love to help you! Thank you again!
-Perri

Reviewed December 30, 2017

I ordered a map maybe a week before Christmas. It was in the mail the next day and arrived in time. The map was beautiful (from 1821) and in great condition - and VERY WELL PACKED. Many thanks to the attentive and professional Maps of Antiquity team!

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Adam R
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Thank you very much for your purchase and your review! We are so glad to hear that you are pleased with the service you received. We do our best to ship every order quickly and safely. Around the holidays, we know that people are concerned about items arriving in time, so we do all that we can to ensure that the item arrives as quickly as possible. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the map and we hope that we can be of service in the future for any other antique map needs! Thank you again for your order and for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed November 27, 2017

"Maps" is an awesome shop for maps and the framing of maps, new and old. I've used Maps a number of times to help decorate my home. The staff is very professional and knowledgeable. I've given them projects on hand written sketches and they've created masterpieces.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Barry D
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Thank you very much for your nice review! It has been a pleasure working with you on the various framing orders that we have done. It is always such a nice feeling when we see the finished product of our work hanging proudly on someone's walls! We truly appreciate your business and your kind review. Thank you!

Reviewed November 27, 2017

In-person: I was able to visit Chatham a couple years ago and dropped in on Maps of Antiquity. If you are interested in maps you will be amazed. If you are not interested in maps, you will be before you leave the store. Atmosphere was excellent, we were able to look around without being pushed to buy something (although we did buy several maps), the quality and breadth of the collection was awesome and the staff were knowledgeable and helpful.

On-line: My daughter's birthday was right around the corner and she has become a map enthusiast. The first place I thought of was Maps of Antiquity. Since it is a good 2+ hours away without traffic I researched on-line and found the maps that she would be interested in (of Iceland). I selected the items and, before hitting confirm, contacted the team to ask about shipping options. They called me back immediately and ensured the maps were delivered on-time (they were). The maps (and one sketch of an Iceland gull) are of very high quality, better than I expected. I reached back to ask about framing options to protect the maps (if we decide to get them framed). Again, I was contacted immediately and a lengthy explanation of the options (from expensive to not so expensive) was provided. I absolutely will not hesitate to purchase items on-line from Maps of Antiquity in the future.

Bottom line - visit Maps of Antiquity in person if you can. If not, peruse their website and, if you don't see something you are looking for or just have questions, give them a call and I'm sure you will happy with the response.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank danamartinhome

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed both your in-person and online experiences with us. And how fantastic that your daughter has become a map enthusiast! We always strive to provide excellent service, both in-store and online, and we try to be helpful whenever folks come to us with questions. We are so happy that you have enjoyed purchasing from us and we hope to see you again in our store sometime! Our inventory is always evolving and there are always great new maps to see. Thank you very much for your business!

Reviewed November 2, 2017

I had only an hour or so to spend there but could have stayed much longer. Incredible selection. I was visiting from California and they were able to ship them to me so I didn't have to bring them on the plane. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Mary K
ChathamMass, Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Thank you, Mary! You'll just have to come back for a longer visit the next time you're in town. If you missed anything, most of our maps also appear on our website. We know nothing beats seeing a map in person, but we're always happy to take additional photos or give more in-depth descriptions to help our long distance clients make difficult map decisions. Thanks again for your kind review.