Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great historic maps and service.

I was looking for an late 18th century map of N America. Perri found several for me to view. I... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
NewAmericanWorld
Great selection

Maps of Antiquity offers a large variety of historic maps, especially Cape Cod and New England... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Don C
Tiverton, Rhode Island

All reviews map store cape cod superior service treasure trove great collection new england prices are reasonable old house framing antiques perri shipping postcards shop chart packaging hometown
Reviewed August 23, 2017

When you visit, you will find yourself in a very unique establishment. It's fun to wander through and explore on your own or with assistance. The small-looking structure belies the really incredible selection of maps, many of them unique and one of a kind, within. You never feel under pressure to buy and you have unbiased advice from the staff. Prices are reasonable and you cannot leave without feeling better informed. The staff are all smart, respectful and helpful, making your visit all the more enjoyable. What an experience!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Stuart G
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time here! We are glad that you had a good time looking through our maps and chatting with the owner and staff. We hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you in the store again in the future. Thank you again for your business and your review!

Reviewed August 14, 2017

I bought antique maps of two difference French departments back in July. The colorist did an amazing job bringing the previously black and white maps to life. I was also very happy with the packaging/shipping job that they did. My maps were shipped flat (I expected a tube) and there was no way it could have gotten bent or wet from the elements. The next time I visit Cape Cod I will certainly return!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank leahlynn13
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so pleased that you are happy with the coloring of the maps you chose. You are right- the coloring really brought them to life! And thank you for noticing our packaging. We do our best to package each item carefully in whatever method will suit the individual piece best. We do sometimes ship in tubes, but your maps were best shipped flat. We are so glad that you had a positive experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! In the meantime, you can always browse our website which has over 11,000 items on it! Thank you again for your business!

Reviewed August 11, 2017

There are not many current reviews on this place. However, look at how many of them are five stars. Then look at the comments. GO. You'll Be Surprised. Wow. I agree with all these reviews.

Maps of Antiquity is a charming old house converted into a map museum/store. The little sign out front is all that lets you know this is not a house. Most Cape homes are the typical grey unpainted clapboards. This has been painted a very soft subtle yellow. The parking lot is crushed sea shells. There is extra parking around back.

The interior of the house has been completely emptied of furniture. The main room and side study are packed with maps. It's organized chaos born of someones absolute love of maps, and I do not mean that in a bad way. There is no good way to store and display 1000's maps ranging from full wall map to postcard size. The owner has done a good job of putting certain types of maps in an area. Cape Cod is in the small room. State maps are in one bin. Trays hold US maps and so on.

The owner or a very very invested employee was present along with two employees. They were excited to explain how the house is laid out. If you want to just explore and look at old maps, you are free to do so. They encourage it. If you want to see a particular part of the world, just ask. The gentleman will quickly point you to the area. He will also let you know if he has more in drawers or in back. The owner has the ability to reprint maps on site.

We spent about an hour here. We slowly went through each bin, tray and shelf. I was more than surprised at how much I enjoyed looking at maps of areas I know, and seeing how they were presented hundreds of years ago. In some cases there were progressions over time as key events in history happen. It's just cool.

After finishing our look through the whole place, we decided to buy a map of our home state. The gentleman brought out a big sized folder with dozens of maps of just our state. We picked and bought one. It was around $50. We are really happy with our map and the experience.

Maps of Antiquity does have an online web address. You will have to google it as Tripadvisor does not allow hyperlinks. We were thinking about other maps, and the gentleman helping us said we could always go online and order. He will ship the maps.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank CraftBeers
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2017

Thank you for your very detailed review! We appreciate that you took the time to write such a carfeful review and we hope that you will visit our shop again if you are on Cape Cod! Thank you again for your purchase and your review!

Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

We went because I love maps and history. The little shop packs a punch, great find and a nice break from the sun.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank weelilboots
ChathamMass, Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thank you for this recommendation! We're so pleased that you spent your break from the beach with us, and that you enjoyed your visit. We love meeting folks who love history as much as we do. Come back and see us the next time you're in Chatham!

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

I go to Cape Cod often, and this map store is a diamond in the rough. I got a map from Greece, and it is in perfect quality. Great job.

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank Emma L
ChathamMass, Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Thanks very much for your kind review, Emma! We're so pleased that you found your perfect map of Greece, and we look foward to seeing you and yours again the next time you're in our area.