Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great historic maps and service.

I was looking for an late 18th century map of N America. Perri found several for me to view. I... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
NewAmericanWorld
Great selection

Maps of Antiquity offers a large variety of historic maps, especially Cape Cod and New England... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Don C
Tiverton, Rhode Island

All reviews map store cape cod superior service treasure trove great collection new england prices are reasonable old house framing antiques perri shipping postcards shop chart packaging hometown
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Maps are my spouses thing. I usually grin and bear it. Not here, this place was amazing. Maps galore and knowledge here to go with it.
We spent over an hour just browsing around. It was tough to leave!

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Trvl4Funb455
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thank you for your lovely review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit to our shop. When folks say they could stay here all day, or that they don't want to leave, we consider it the highest compliment! Thank you for your kind words, and we hope you will come in again when you are in the area!

Reviewed September 22, 2016

Really interesting little map place. They have lots of maps of the US but also plenty from the rest of the world. We picked up two antique maps of Scotland. Really worth a visit. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Suzanne L
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2016

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased that you enjoyed our store and found some maps you love! We do our best to have maps of every part of the world, in all different ages, sizes and price ranges if possible! We are glad you enjoyed browsing our collection and hope you will think of us for any future antique map needs! Thank you for your business and your lovely review!

Reviewed September 21, 2016

I don't even know how I found this website but it's a real treasure, and gave me a fantastic idea for my husband's birthday. The collection of maps they have is just incredible. The site is a little outdated but it adds to the charm, given what they're selling...clearly these folks are map aficionados who know and love what they're doing! I'm not a "cartophile" but I can imagine that those who are just drool over this site. I easily found what I was looking for (an old map of the Polynesian islands) and was able to get a great sense of what I was buying via the description and enlarged picture. I knew it would be perfect. Ordering was easy, a gal at the shop emailed back and forth with me a few times regarding shipping status, she was super responsive and pleasant. The map was shipped promptly, arrived via priority mail within a few days, packaging was perfect, everything done with great care and attention to detail. My husband loves the map (so do I, it is super cool!). 5-star experience and I'm sure I'll shop here again.

1  Thank msplaykate
ChathamMass, Front Office Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2016

Thank you so very much for your enthusiastic review! We are so pleased that you had a positive purchasing experience with us. We do our best to make every customer's experience easy and pleasant, giving personalized attention and fast shipping whenever possible. We are very glad that you and your husband love the map and we look forward to conversing with you again in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact us for any of your antique map, chart, or print needs! Thank you again for your business and your lovely review!

Reviewed September 11, 2016

I bought a map from Maps of Antiquity as a gift for my husband. I called the store and provided a description of what I was looking for. Perri was extremely helpful and emailed me suggestions for what fit my description. Maps of Antiquity has a very wide and comprehensive selection of impressive maps and I was able to find exactly what I was looking for. I received the map very promptly in the mail and it is gorgeous and in great condition, especially given its age. My husband was very happy. I highly recommend shopping at Maps of Antiquity as I had a very positive experience.

Date of experience: September 2016
ChathamMass, Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2016

Thanks so much for taking them time to review our shop! We might be biased, but we do believe that antique maps make the most thoughtful, personal gifts... and we love to play map match-maker. We're thrilled that your husband's map was well received, and we hope you'll keep us in mind for all of your future antique map needs!

Reviewed August 19, 2016 via mobile

Extremely friendly staff are there to help you sift through a fascinating array of well preserved maps and prints. I've never experienced a store like this, as it blends the feel of a historical library with a commercial store. It is hard not to be impressed when looking at 500 year old hand colored maps or beautiful 100 year old sea weed lithographs. It may sound strange, but it is impressive to those who appreciate such things and you won't find another place like it.

Date of experience: August 2016
ChathamMass, General Manager at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2016

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! It is such a pleasure to meet people who are as enthusiastic about antique maps and prints as you are! We are very glad you enjoyed your visit to our store. We love showing customers the many unusual and interesting items here, and it is great that you even got to see the sea weed prints! Not everyone is as fascinated by those as we are-- we're glad you liked them! We hope you will stop in again if you find yourself on Cape Cod, or feel free to browse our items online from the comfort of your home! Thank you again for you visit and your kind words!