“Shipped Order was Excellent”
Review of Maps of Antiquity

Maps of Antiquity
Ranked #6 of 48 things to do in Chatham
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in an old Chatham farmhouse built in the late 1700s, Maps of Antiquity offers over 15,000 antique maps and prints. The distribution is worldwide with a focus on the Northeast. Our inventory includes early American maps from the late 1700's, nautical charts, town maps, hand-colored 19th century country and state maps, reproductions, natural history and historical prints. Additional services include: framing, appraisals, restoration, conservation, lectures & seminars, buying, selling, & map finding.
Durham, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Shipped Order was Excellent”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The NC/SC Antique Map I ordered was nicely framed and fairly priced. The service was excellent and my order was shipped in a timely manner.

Visited August 2012
ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We appreciate your thoughtful feedback. It's always good to know how packages arrive and if our customers like them. We are glad to hear that the framing that we discussed through emails and the internet was successful. Thanks again, Danielle & Bob

Vancouver BC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“How often does one find a map store nowadays!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Great experience!
Super staff.
Comprehensive inventory.
Meticulous shipping,
Helpful, calm manner of business,
Highly recommend their shop.
As a first time trip the cape it was a nice surprise and added to our holiday and now several pieces of art are gracing the walls of our home.

Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great shop + Great owners.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

It was an absolute pleasure working with Danielle + Bob at Maps of Antiquity. They helped us pick out a great antique map, from afar, that we gave as a wedding gift to dear friends. Danielle was extremely responsive over the phone, and Bob did a professional (and quick) job matting and preparing the map. My only regret is that I didn't give myself enough time to browse their wonderful collection at the Chatham shop -- this shop is a must see, a treasure chest of wonderful maps with equally wonderful owners.

I will surely call Danielle + Bob the next time I need a map!

Visited July 2012
PA
“Awesome!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've gotten maps here for birthday and wedding presents and they went over so well. Bob, Danielle, and Kathryn are incredible helpful--I got the birthday present in person and the wedding present online and both processes were incredibly easy. They helped me find exactly what I was looking for and brought out additional maps that I might be interested in. They have a very, very large selection of maps, so you can find practically anything you want. They also framed the wedding gift and shipped it for me and did a great job with that--my package was on a train that derailed and the package had a gash in it when it arrived to my friend, but the map itself was safe and sound because it was packaged so well, attributable to Bob and Danielle's care, as well as the expert shipper they went to. Definitely check it out, as these maps make great gifts and decorations and are just plain cool to look at and learn and talk about!

Visited July 2012
Eastham, Massachusetts
“A treasure!”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

In searching for ideas to furnish my newly purchased Cape home, I came across an ad for Maps of Antiquity in a magazine and decided to take a ride to Chatham to view the store. The staff was extremely helpful, and Bob (PhD in History) is a wealth of knowledge! I purchased the first two maps of many for my home, and was extremely impressed with the quality of the maps, and with the framing. I purchased a tourist map of Eastham from 1888, and an antique nautical map of Cape Cod which Kathryn suggested I have colorized by their local artist. It is framed and placed over my fireplace in my living room, and is spectacular! I highly recommend this store, and their courteous staff makes browsing very enjoyable. I am returning soon to pick out antique postcards from the Cape to have framed and placed throughout my home (Bob's suggestion).

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
It was such a pleasure working with you. We are delighted that you are happy with your maps and framing. We looking forward to your next projects. It's customers like you that make our jobs even more fun! Thanks so much for your business and support. Danielle & Bob & Kathryn