“Awesome!”

Maps of Antiquity
Ranked #2 of 22 Shopping in Chatham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Set in an old Chatham farmhouse built in the late 1700s, Maps of Antiquity offers over 15,000 antique maps and prints. The distribution is worldwide with a focus on the Northeast. Our inventory includes early American maps from the late 1700's, nautical charts, town maps, hand-colored 19th century country and state maps, reproductions, natural history and historical prints. Additional services include: framing, appraisals, restoration, conservation, lectures & seminars, buying, selling, & map finding.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've gotten maps here for birthday and wedding presents and they went over so well. Bob, Danielle, and Kathryn are incredible helpful--I got the birthday present in person and the wedding present online and both processes were incredibly easy. They helped me find exactly what I was looking for and brought out additional maps that I might be interested in. They have a very, very large selection of maps, so you can find practically anything you want. They also framed the wedding gift and shipped it for me and did a great job with that--my package was on a train that derailed and the package had a gash in it when it arrived to my friend, but the map itself was safe and sound because it was packaged so well, attributable to Bob and Danielle's care, as well as the expert shipper they went to. Definitely check it out, as these maps make great gifts and decorations and are just plain cool to look at and learn and talk about!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

In searching for ideas to furnish my newly purchased Cape home, I came across an ad for Maps of Antiquity in a magazine and decided to take a ride to Chatham to view the store. The staff was extremely helpful, and Bob (PhD in History) is a wealth of knowledge! I purchased the first two maps of many for my home, and was extremely impressed with the quality of the maps, and with the framing. I purchased a tourist map of Eastham from 1888, and an antique nautical map of Cape Cod which Kathryn suggested I have colorized by their local artist. It is framed and placed over my fireplace in my living room, and is spectacular! I highly recommend this store, and their courteous staff makes browsing very enjoyable. I am returning soon to pick out antique postcards from the Cape to have framed and placed throughout my home (Bob's suggestion).

Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

It was such a pleasure working with you. We are delighted that you are happy with your maps and framing. We looking forward to your next projects. It's customers like you that make our jobs even more fun! Thanks so much for your business and support. Danielle & Bob & Kathryn

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were looking for a special map for our friend's 80th Birthday. The map we were looking for was to be from the Hartford, CT area. Bob and Danielle help us look through their extensive selection of maps for the area and with their help, we found exactly what we were looking for! To complicate matters, I waited a little longer that I should have and had a short deadline. They were more than accommodating. Bob and Danielle gave us very good guidance especially with the mat selection and framing material. There are just so many selections. Bob also reinforced that map from behind giving it a little more strength, an extra that was not expected. The gift was ready as promised and it looked beautiful. It left our friend speechless. Maps of Antiquity is truly a unique experience not to be missed.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

For my husband's birthday, I wanted to buy an antique map of Italy. I was familiar with seeing the store on Cape Cod during our many trips to the Cape. After checking out their detailed web site, I knew they had what I was looking for!! I stopped by the store, and looked at the map I thought I wanted on line. Of course, once I got there, seeing the maps and learning about their history was very impressive. I not only bought my husband a larger size map, but an antique map of Ireland for our friend's big 6-0 birthday. Their choice of frames was large and workmanship perfect.

ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Thank you for the great review! Danielle Jeanloz & Bob Zaremba

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Over the past 5 years, I have purchased 7 or 8 maps from MoA and had several of those framed at the shop. The quality on every level is exceptional. From the time you walk in the door and receive friendly, extremely knowledgeable service to when you pick up your finished beautifully framed piece, MoA is a delight. Quality, selection, price, service.....Maps of Antiquity is second to none!
Mike - Nanuet, NY

ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2011

Thank you, Mike. We appreciate your ongoing business and loyalty. Maps of Antiquity continues to grow and expand its inventory. We now have about 25% of our maps online and will keep adding more. We look forward to your next visit and plan to stay open throughout the winter, as we have in the past!