“Everything we asked for and more...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maps of Antiquity

Maps of Antiquity
Ranked #6 of 48 things to do in Chatham
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in an old Chatham farmhouse built in the late 1700s, Maps of Antiquity offers over 15,000 antique maps and prints. The distribution is worldwide with a focus on the Northeast. Our inventory includes early American maps from the late 1700's, nautical charts, town maps, hand-colored 19th century country and state maps, reproductions, natural history and historical prints. Additional services include: framing, appraisals, restoration, conservation, lectures & seminars, buying, selling, & map finding.
chatham, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything we asked for and more...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We were looking for a special map for our friend's 80th Birthday. The map we were looking for was to be from the Hartford, CT area. Bob and Danielle help us look through their extensive selection of maps for the area and with their help, we found exactly what we were looking for! To complicate matters, I waited a little longer that I should have and had a short deadline. They were more than accommodating. Bob and Danielle gave us very good guidance especially with the mat selection and framing material. There are just so many selections. Bob also reinforced that map from behind giving it a little more strength, an extra that was not expected. The gift was ready as promised and it looked beautiful. It left our friend speechless. Maps of Antiquity is truly a unique experience not to be missed.

Visited May 2012

Guilderland, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

For my husband's birthday, I wanted to buy an antique map of Italy. I was familiar with seeing the store on Cape Cod during our many trips to the Cape. After checking out their detailed web site, I knew they had what I was looking for!! I stopped by the store, and looked at the map I thought I wanted on line. Of course, once I got there, seeing the maps and learning about their history was very impressive. I not only bought my husband a larger size map, but an antique map of Ireland for our friend's big 6-0 birthday. Their choice of frames was large and workmanship perfect.

Visited May 2012
ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thank you for the great review! Danielle Jeanloz & Bob Zaremba
Nanuet, New York, United States
“Simply the Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Over the past 5 years, I have purchased 7 or 8 maps from MoA and had several of those framed at the shop. The quality on every level is exceptional. From the time you walk in the door and receive friendly, extremely knowledgeable service to when you pick up your finished beautifully framed piece, MoA is a delight. Quality, selection, price, service.....Maps of Antiquity is second to none!
Mike - Nanuet, NY

Visited September 2011
ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
Thank you, Mike. We appreciate your ongoing business and loyalty. Maps of Antiquity continues to grow and expand its inventory. We now have about 25% of our maps online and will keep adding more. We look forward to your next visit and plan to stay open throughout the winter, as we have in the past!
Newton, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A Must visit for Map Needs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I randomly stopped at this quaint store during our summer vacation to Chatham. Don't let the small exterior fool you as Danielle and Bob have assembled thousands of maps from all over the world. We ended up staying almost two hours as we viewed dozens of maps from the locations we desired. After selecting two 1800's originals, they both worked with us to properly mat and frame our pieces. One of the maps was even set up to be viewed from both sides. They also insured that our maps were properly and safely delivered to our home and that we were completely satisfied with the end result. I would highly recommend them in your search. Just remember to save enough time as the selection can be opverwhelming, even if you do know what you want!

Visited August 2011
midwest
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Really cool little store! Very impressive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stopped in here while traveling with a friend because my husband loves maps and I wanted to pick up a souvenir for him. This place is packed with more maps than you can believe, from all over and from many years ago to more current. However, they are well organized and the friendly and helpful owners were able to find the perfect map in just a matter of a few minutes. I enjoyed chatting with them and they took extra care to package my map between some cardboard for safe traveling. My husband was thrilled with the map and we plan on visiting this store together some day as I know he would be like a kid in a candy store.

Visited September 2011