“Simply the Best!”

Maps of Antiquity
Ranked #2 of 22 Shopping in Chatham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Set in an old Chatham farmhouse built in the late 1700s, Maps of Antiquity offers over 15,000 antique maps and prints. The distribution is worldwide with a focus on the Northeast. Our inventory includes early American maps from the late 1700's, nautical charts, town maps, hand-colored 19th century country and state maps, reproductions, natural history and historical prints. Additional services include: framing, appraisals, restoration, conservation, lectures & seminars, buying, selling, & map finding.
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Over the past 5 years, I have purchased 7 or 8 maps from MoA and had several of those framed at the shop. The quality on every level is exceptional. From the time you walk in the door and receive friendly, extremely knowledgeable service to when you pick up your finished beautifully framed piece, MoA is a delight. Quality, selection, price, service.....Maps of Antiquity is second to none!
Mike - Nanuet, NY

ChathamMass, Owner at Maps of Antiquity, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2011

Thank you, Mike. We appreciate your ongoing business and loyalty. Maps of Antiquity continues to grow and expand its inventory. We now have about 25% of our maps online and will keep adding more. We look forward to your next visit and plan to stay open throughout the winter, as we have in the past!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I randomly stopped at this quaint store during our summer vacation to Chatham. Don't let the small exterior fool you as Danielle and Bob have assembled thousands of maps from all over the world. We ended up staying almost two hours as we viewed dozens of maps from the locations we desired. After selecting two 1800's originals, they both worked with us to properly mat and frame our pieces. One of the maps was even set up to be viewed from both sides. They also insured that our maps were properly and safely delivered to our home and that we were completely satisfied with the end result. I would highly recommend them in your search. Just remember to save enough time as the selection can be opverwhelming, even if you do know what you want!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I stopped in here while traveling with a friend because my husband loves maps and I wanted to pick up a souvenir for him. This place is packed with more maps than you can believe, from all over and from many years ago to more current. However, they are well organized and the friendly and helpful owners were able to find the perfect map in just a matter of a few minutes. I enjoyed chatting with them and they took extra care to package my map between some cardboard for safe traveling. My husband was thrilled with the map and we plan on visiting this store together some day as I know he would be like a kid in a candy store.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

Maps of Antiquity has a remarkable selection of antique and excellent reproduction maps. The owners are friendly professional and very knowledgeable about the maps in their inventory. They were ready to answer questions and offer advice. The framing was of superior quality and perfect for the subject matter.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I, with our 8 year old son, visited Maps of Antiquity on a Tuesday afternoon, just to see what the store was about. The first thing that strikes you is the quality of the maps prepared, mounted and displayed in the shopping area. And then, the sheer number of maps. from anywhere. We are from Bolton, CT, and Bob very quickly led me to 2 maps of Bolton, and another of Tolland County, which Bolton is a part of. Bob walked us through what is important to the quality of a map. Once we decided which map to buy, Danielle showed us their extensive offerings for framing and matting, and helped us choose the right mix for presentation.
We were only on vacation for the week, so we made arrangements for the framed map to be shipped to us at home. To our surprise, Danielle called us on Thursday to let us know the map was framed, protected and ready for pickup.
Short story: great product, reasonable price, superior service - twice.
Thanks for the experience and the wonderful map.
Milton, Maureen and Aiden