“delicious”

Del Mar Bar & Bistro
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Del Mar Bar & Bistro is a popular Chatham nightspot for eating, drinking and socializing, featuring creative bistro entrees, wood fired thin crust pizzas, specialty drinks, an extensive wine list and a great selection of draft beer. Warm, contemporary atmosphere with a large bar. Dinner only.Live Jazz Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in summer.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

we had a very delicious meal on a recent Saturday night. I had the bolognese my companion had a filet mignon and we both had to stop ourselves short of licking the plate.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had a wonderful dinner while in town staying at Chatham Bars Inn. Food was tasty and well prepared. Service was excellent. The atmosphere is friendly and not pretentious but contemporary. It was a little loud, but was still able to hear my husband across the table. Would recommend to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The food was a bit fancy for my tastes but was well presented. Don't order the drinks; they are far overpriced for their quality.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Visited this restaurant for a very special meal in late October. We were visiting from Ireland and meeting friends there for dinner. Food was really delicious and our waitress was very nice. We ordered a bottle of red wine, Ruffino Lodola Nuova. We ordered a second bottle of the same wine. After 15 minutes there was no sign of our wine or our waitress. I went to the service desk to complain and they located our waitress. She arrived to our table with a different wine altogether. I pointed this out to her but she insisted I was wrong. I wasn't. She eventually agreed with me, advised that they had no more Ruffino and the Manager was mad with the barman over this. However she pointed out that this incident did not detract from the service!! I don't think so. The Manager did not call to our table to apologise as I would have expected. It was a pity as this incident really spoiled our evening.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Delicious cuisine. Great atmosphere. Professional staff/service. Prepare to wait a bit to be seated but you'll be rewarded with a terrific dining experience.