“Great food and atmosphere!”

Del Mar Bar & Bistro
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Del Mar Bar & Bistro is a popular Chatham nightspot for eating, drinking and socializing, featuring creative bistro entrees, wood fired thin crust pizzas, specialty drinks, an extensive wine list and a great selection of draft beer. Warm, contemporary atmosphere with a large bar. Dinner only.Live Jazz Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in summer.
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Our last night in Chatham went out with a bang. Before attending the band concert in town, we had an early dinner at Del Mar. The clam chowder and oysters Rockefeller were amazing starters. He had the baked lobster and it was really good. She had the tuna which was so fresh and delicious. Desserts were creme brûlée and turtle cheesecake which did not disappoint.

1  Thank BestFriends22

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ate here on a Wednesday night and arrived around 730 or 8--we were able to be seated right away. Service was very good especially considering there was a very large and very loud group with our same server! We each got a salad and shared a few appetizers--all very tasty! There were a couple men playing music in the small lounge area and once the loud group had left, it was a very pleasant atmosphere!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Arrive early (5-5:30) or expect a wait, even when it's not tourist season! Excellent selection at the bar, amazing menu with many mouth-watering staples as well as specials each night. A little pricey, but worth it. Chic atmosphere, knowledgable wait staff... You must check it out if/when in Chatham!

1  Thank MegS126
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I went here in early June; I was excited based on what I saw on TripAdvisor. The food was fine, pricey but good and worth it. Our waitress was great, too. What sticks in my mind, however, is what happened at the beginning of our visit. We were told there was an hour wait, so we put our name in and found a spot at the shelf behind the bar and we ordered a couple of drinks and chatted while we waited for a table. The bar was full, standing room only. Some seats opened up in front of us, and folks to our right immediately jumped in and grabbed them, no problem, they were there before us. Seats opened up to the right of them, and this time we sat down. We were there for a few minutes, glad to get off our feet, when our bartender approached us and said "sorry but there's a wait for seats at the bar and I have people coming in so I'm going to have to ask you to move." I hesitated for a moment, very much offended, and wanted to respond "what are we, chopped liver?" but I didn't. First, if your bar has a waitlist for seats, you need to have the maitre'd inform people of that, not the bartender. Second, that was a load of crap because we just watched people who had been standing, just like us, sit down with no problem. Finally, the way the guy told us we'd have to move was very rude, just completely unbelievable. As a former bartender and manager I was pretty shocked. That was the first time in my life I've given a zero tip!

4  Thank WeekendTravelors
Reviewed June 9, 2013

OK, so I NEVER go to the same restaurant twice while on vacation, but after dinning at Del Mar, I went back the next night to see if it was as excellent as I thought it was the first time. IT WAS! On this vacation, we had dinner in Boston at Mare’ Oyster Bar, Abe & Louis and Terramia. In Newport R.I. at Tallulah on Thames, Mamma Luisa, and Rhumbline. In NYC had dinner at Gotham Bar & Grill, Po and Telepan and lunch at Jean-Georges, and Del Mar ranked up with all of them and I think it was the best two meals I had on this trip. Seared Tuna, Halibut, Mussels, Pizza, Pumpkin Ravioli, and the salads, all excellent. GO TO THIS RESTAURANT, Chef Maria Pollio will make sure you leave very happy.