“Not a place to go if you're in a rush, but excellent”

Del Mar Bar & Bistro
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Del Mar Bar & Bistro is a popular Chatham nightspot for eating, drinking and socializing, featuring creative bistro entrees, wood fired thin crust pizzas, specialty drinks, an extensive wine list and a great selection of draft beer. Warm, contemporary atmosphere with a large bar. Dinner only.Live Jazz Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday in summer.
“Not a place to go if you're in a rush, but excellent”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

No reservations for parties under six, so we waited an hour for a table. They have an enclosed but outdoor eating area that also serves to handle the overflow from folks waiting to be seated, and I highly recommend waiting there. The other option is to wait in the bar area, which we did for about 20 mins. Between bumping into other patrons, getting out of the way of waitstaff, and avoiding the service bar, I was in need of one of the strong vodka/sodas the efficient and professional bartenders made before adjourning to the lanai...Ok, two.

There was zero attitude from the host despite the high demand for the place, and I greatly appreciated the fact that he paid no more special attention to the guy in front of us who was name-dropping to get a table than he did to us. The guy and his group were seated 5 minutes before we were...

Overall the food was excellent, although they went overboard on the demiglace on my filet. The filet was delicious enough on its own. Great wine selection, and relatively reasonable prices for everything.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Pretty good”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went here while staying in Chatham for one night. We called ahead and they said that they did not take reservations for parties of 2 (I think it has to be 6 or more), but told us to call when we were on our way and they'd put us on the list. We called back and the phone just rang and rang, so that didn't end up happening. We waited for over an hour for a table (Saturday night in late October), which was surprising, but it seemed like this was a pretty happenin' place. Once we were seated (around 8:15) we were told that they had already ran out of a couple of the specials. Disappointing, since we were pretty excited about one of the items. Once the food came, it was good. A good, solid meal. I would go back, but would maybe try to go on a non-weekend night.

• Visited October 2012
Greenland, NH
“Fun and funky vibe with good food”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My girlfriends and I went in for apps and dessert. The front desk staff was very friendly and got us seated quickly. The restaurant is hoppin', great decor, not too loud. We got 2 apps and a pizza - all very good. (the pizza was SUPER fresh, the fried shrimp were huge and cooked to perfection with PERFECT side sauces with great flavor) Nice wine list. A "smidge" on the pricy side, but really nice place!!

Visited October 2012
Kirkland, Washington
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great restaurant. We got there by 6:30 and didnot have to wait, its a busy place. Fun atmosphere and awesome food.

Visited October 2012
Willimantic, Connecticut, United States
“Not to be overlooked!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I just had a delicious dinner at Del Mar this week. The food was beautifully presented, delicious and plentiful, and the waitstaff was attentive without being pushy. Such a good experience that we will definitely be back! Don't pass up the Fig, peach and buratta salad. It was more than enough for two, but I could have finished it all myself!

• Visited October 2012