“Used to be a Friendly's”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Del Mar

Del Mar
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Chatham
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Del Mar Bar & Bistro is a popular Chatham nightspot for eating, drinking and socializing, featuring creative bistro entrees, wood fired thin crust pizzas, specialty drinks, an extensive wine list and a great selection of draft beer. Warm, contemporary atmosphere with a large bar. Dinner only.
aspen, colorado
“Used to be a Friendly's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

And it should convert back. We were seated in an outdoor tent which they may have spent $400 decorating. Cheap wedding vibe. This place was simply horrible in every respect except for the waitress who took our order. After that, it went down hill in a hurry. Ordered food and a pre-dinner cocktail at the same time. Literally 30 seconds later the soup arrived. Sent it back, never mind we were a two top and the server asked who got what soup. Mind you this place charges over $10 for soup. Then they brought the drinks, mine was fine (scotch on the rocks) my date's was terrible. The soup next, blah...clam chowder no better then Chunky's. After that salad - drenched in water. Oh never mind the rest of the details, this place stinks don't go there.

1 Thank lawaspen

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“Wanted to order everything om the menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Del Mar was a great way to end up a long day traveling for an old friend and myself.
My original plan was to head up to Wellfleet and go to a tried and true restaurant, but staying in the Chatham area and unable to face the additional time in the car we found Del Mar on TripAdvisor.
Fellow reviewers - you did not disappoint! After a couple of beers we sat at the bar to eat, too tired to wait for a table, and were pleased that when a table did open up we were asked if we wanted to relocate. However we were quite content at the bar and enjoyed a little camaraderie with the neighbors and the bartender. We also appreciated the bartenders recommendations for wine with dinner. She did a great job impressing my friend (a widely traveled and sophisticated European) with a light domestic Cabernet and I enjoyed my Rosé.
I started with a special that a previous TripAdvisor diner had recommended - the grilled peach on arugula salad. It was excellent, though a tad large; I had to offer some to my friend and even with his help worried I would not have enough of an appetite to do justice to my entree.
My fear was groundless as the Red Snapper special irresistibly melted in my mouth. I finished every bit and would have licked the plate if it wasn't for my impeccable manners; ahem.
My friend stayed with starters off the regular menu: a bowl of a great clam chowder (what better way to be welcomed back to New England and the U.S.), followed by some slightly spicy ribs and the calamari appetizers. Both plates were excellent and well-enjoyed.
Despite my sweet-tooth we passed on desserts - just couldn't do it.
All in all a memorable experience. I'll be back with my wife next time we're on the Cape.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Blackboard Specials Rock”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Visited after reading previous TA ratings. On Saturday 9/15, I ordered from the blackboard specials, which were quite good. Started with a recommended glass of pinot noir, paired with the goat cheese filled fried artichoke hearts - a very pleasing dish which was not oily. Dinner featured the Kurobuta pork chop on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes and green beans. Pork was cooked perfectly, sweet potatoes were nice and not overly sweet. Dessert was a very well done carrot cake, perfectly moist and without an excess of cream cheese frosting.

Freehold, NJ
“What a Way to End Our Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went to Del Mar on our last night of vacation. Called ahead to let them know we were coming and our table was ready as we walked in. Loved the lights and heat lamps on the enclosed patio. Dinner was delicious and service was spot on. We enjoyed the Wild Mushroom Tart appetizer and the for our dinners: Bone-In Chicken Breast w/gnocchi, Pasta Bolognese and the Steak. Will definitely hit this spot again next time we are in Chatham.

1 Thank TLMatino
Columbus, Ohio
“Most interesting menu in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had one dinner here during our stay, and both food and service were very good. They had a number of daily specials with some imaginative preparations.

Visited September 2012