“Welcoming”

Ranked #2 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Welcoming”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We received a warm welcome to the Inn by Brian. Complimentary champagne & red roses in the room. The inn was absolutely spotless. Our room was decorated beautifully & very comfortable The only suggestion I would make is to have a larger dresser or space for clothing. If we had planned to stay longer that could have been a problem. The feeling of being welcomed never left us. The breakfast was very tasty & filling. Brian was happy to give us a tour of the inn. Giving us the history and also an explanation of all the renovations he & Nick had done. The inn is definitely one of the better B & B's that we have stayed in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
North Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed November 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Chatham Gables Inn this past October, as well as last July when the Inn first opened under Brian and Nick's ownership. Both stays were an absolute pleasure. The beds are a total luxury and the rooms are meticulous and beautifully decorated. But, the most striking aspect was the care and attention to our needs that the owners provided on each occasion. I can honestly say that I have never experienced better, or as enjoyable, service in any of my previous travels.

Sandown, NH
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Everything about our stay was great! From the graciousness of our hosts to the cleanliness of the rooms, to how the room was decorated, to the great breakfast the next morning, everything was superior. I would definately stay there again and have recommended Chatham Gables Inn to others.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2010

From the moment we arrived Nick and Brian put us at our ease. They were welcoming and gracious hosts for the length of our stay. They offered guidance on things to do and places to go but they weren’t at all pushy. The shared spaces in the hotel are lovely and the breakfast was the best I had in two weeks in Cape Cod.
The room was small but really beautifully decorated and the bed was ridiculously comfortable! It’s about 10-15 minutes’ walk into town but we liked that because the restaurants in Chatham are so good we nearly always ate too much and NEEDED a walk home after dinner! I’d happily recommend this place to friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed November 13, 2010

The Chatham Gables Inn is modern without losing the Cape Cod charm--We loved it! Brian and Nick were super accommodating but also gave us space and privacy--the perfect combination! We thoroughly enjoyed our tea and delicious breakfast every morning before heading out for the day. This was our first time at a bed and breakfast and we're ready to leave our son with his Gammy again and head back. Thanks Brian and Nick!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 12, 2010

My husband and I needed a little last-minute get away and, being new to the east coast, had never been to the cape. Upon recommendation I checked out the little town of Chatham (which is so charming), but didn't know where to stay. After looking at other Trip Advisor recommendations, I looked into the Chatham Gables Inn. They had availability and were to best economic deal (for a B&B) I could find. I called to make the reservation since it was so last minute and Brian was incredibly gracious, hospitable and accommodating from our first conversation. He gave me recommendations for restaurants and acquainted me with the town so that we would feel welcomed right away.
The Inn itself is beautiful, charming, and Brian and Nick (the innkeepers) have done a great job on the place. Our room was very comfortable, and there were little touches that just made things just that much more enjoyable. For example, what ever fabric softener they use on their towels and sheets smells so good, and makes the linens incredibly soft. The soaps and lotions they furnish are a lovely verbena. I could go on and on!!
Oh, and the breakfast was great too!! Great location also!

We will definitely be going back to the Chatham Gables Inn!!
Great job guys!!!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Brian and Nick were so helpful that I felt like I was with family. The surroundings were not over-bearing as many inns are and the attention to necessary detail was impressive. Brian even called my cell when we walked to a restaurant based on his directions. He wanted to make sure we found it without difficulty. Only negative is that the bedroom didn't have enough furniture, (only 1 night-stand, and no chair or desk)....otherwise it was a lovely inn with great food and excellent service and location.
Lorry and Holly from Montreal

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#1 of 9 in Chatham
Carriage House Inn
Carriage House Inn
#4 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Chatham Gables Inn? Share your experiences!