“Winter Weekend Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Winter Weekend Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

What a gem! David and Andrea are so welcoming. Our room was perfection right down to the Turkish towels. The breakfasts Andrea whips up are not to be missed. Very nice sitting rooms that feel like home. Can't wait to go back in 2015.

Simpsons

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the back in a King room. Very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to review our beautiful Inn here in Chatham. The Turkish towels and Zents amenities truly provide for a relaxing and luxurious shower or soak. We invite you to try Room 8 during your next stay which includes a steam shower and working fireplace! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here just prior to Christmas and we both can't wait to go back in 2014. The inn is beautiful both inside and out. Andrea has lovely taste in decorating and the inn looked wonderful with the Christmas decorations. The library and living room were great places to curl up with a book and a cup of coffee. We stayed in room 1 on the first floor which had a fireplace and an updated bathroom with excellent toiletries and appointments. Oh and the sheets! I dream about those sheets. So wonderfully soft and inviting. Honestly I just wanted to stay in bed. And let's not forget the breakfast. They have setup a weekly menu and I want to go back for a full week just to sample everything. The morning we were there we had some sort of orange pecan French toast. It was warm and gooey and melted in your mouth. Accompanied with some delicious, strong (just the way I like it) coffee and it was the perfect morning. But to be honest the best part of staying there were David and Andrea. They obviously love what they do and take so much time and care to ensure that their guests are comfortable. Every little detail has been taken care of and if there is something else, they wont hesitate to accommodate. Always cheerful and always ready with a recommendation for dinner or local attraction. They have a wonderful little inn and I cannot wait to go back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin D
CGI364, Owner at Chatham Gables Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Christmas is one our favorite times of year. We just adore decorating our beautiful Inn and are so pleased you enjoyed the detail of the decor! Room one is quite beautiful in the winter, especially with the fire place roaring as the snow falls! We continue to hear our guests express how wonderful our linens are and even have some customers purchasing them for their own homes! We hope you are able to return in 2014 and enjoy another decadent breakfast and luxurious stay. We look forward to treating you like royalty here at CGI.
Natick, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I received a livingsocial gift to this B&B and had a wonderful time! We visited in November and enjoyed the fireplace and calming atmosphere of this Chatam Gables. The place was very clean, and tastefully docorated. The bathrooms were stocked with local products such as soaps and shampoos that were available for purchase as well. There was also a little makeup towel which was a nice touch for us ladies! Breakfast was in a beautiful patio-like tiled part of the house, and breakfast was creatively impressive, portions were generous. Great location, there is a dock nearby where seals swim up to, would be something fun for children to see. The husband and wife owners had some great suggestions for drives and hikes. We drove to local restaurants and enjoyed some fabulous seafood!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Chatham Gables Inn. The new owners David and Andrea have taken it up a notch or two better than it already was. Fabulous surroundings, wonderfully appointed rooms, nice comfy bed and full soft towels and robes for showering. We had a fireplace this time and it was great to be able to use it. Full breakfasts both days we were there, coffee, tea, snack and water available all the time. Even a microwave and small fridge for guest use. They don't overwhelm you with attention, and are attentive when you want it. Will be staying there yet again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grtchris
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at this beautiful inn this past weekend. David and Andrea were very nice innkeepers. My husband and I were totally thrilled with how lovely Chatham Gables Inn was. The pictures really don't do the inn justice. Besides loving the tasteful decor, the bed linens were to die for. I ended up ordering a set of the sheets. The morning breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The attention to detail was appreciated and makes this inn a place you must stay at. Chatham Gables Inn was decorated for the holidays and was so verry festive. It is just wonderfufl! We will return. Thanks for making Chatham Gables Inn such a great getaway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emhga17
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Where do I even start? Chatham Gables Inn, it's a beauty. Turning into the property, I noticed the stone graveling, which I loved. It gave the house a country courtyard feel. It was beautiful. The house itself, stunning inside and out. Clean, nicely decorated for the season. We came in with Thanksgiving decor and left with Christmas decor. David and Andrea are wonderful hosts. They were there whenever we needed anything, from little questions to where to eat. They had answers to practically anything you threw at them. They are warm, charming, just all round lovely people. Hospitality makes anyone's day, and honestly having breakfast with them every morning gave me an added jolt of sweetness. Breakfast, wow it was amazing. It left me speechless. I love love how they added the little pastries as well. I have a sweet tooth so that was perfect. I visited the Inn in the winter so I didn't really have a chance to sit outside the breakfast room and enjoy the swing, but it looked lovely. A nice space that could be used in the fall/spring/summer months. Swings are always a plus.
When I walked in for the first time, I noticed a few things. The fireplace, the music, the peace and quiet. I was sold right there. I knew this was a great choice I had made. I personally had a couple glasses of wine in the common area with the fireplace around 10pm or so. Oh my. That was really romantic. I love that they have games as well, if you were interested to play. We stayed in room 4. It was a cute little cozy room. I loved the bed linens, and the bathroom Turkish towels. The thickness of it was amazing. Andrea has spa products in the bathroom, from wash to shampoo and conditioner. Oh my they were lovely. I felt like I was at the spa, taking a shower. I especially liked the chair in the corner. Sunday morning my boyfriend and I took turns wrapped in the throw just admiring the view. It's a home, it isn't merely a house. It's their home, and they've opened it up to us. They seem like they're about the best quality, and they make sure we have a wonderful time. This was my second time on the cape. My first was in a hotel. I'll be back again, but to Chatham Gables Inn.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank aqua_mah
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

After reading all the rave reviews about this property everywhere we had the highest expectations when booking 3 nights at the Chatham Gables Inn. Our expectations were all met and then some! Andrea and David have given thought to their guests' comfort down to the smallest detail.. The inn has been restored with elegance, warmth and charm. Brand new bathrooms, some rooms with working fireplaces, beautiful, old wooden floors, lovely antique furniture, beautiful furnishings, wonderful books to read, and the finest toiletries and linens I have ever come across (Andrea is a former director of a top spa on Nantucket). Coffee, tea and cookies were available 24/7. The homemade breakfasts were wonderful. I can truthfully say that this is the finest inn I have visited in the US (my two other favorites are in France). Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: I visited a few of the rooms and found them all beautifully arranged, impeccably clean, each one wit...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Pleasant Bay Village
#1 of 9 in Chatham
Carriage House Inn
Carriage House Inn
#3 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Chatham Gables Inn? Share your experiences!