“Baby Moon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Chatham B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Baby Moon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I are expecting our first child this winter. In honor of this significant life changing event we wanted to celebrate our life as a couple before we become a trio. I found the Captain's House Inn and was pleased to learn that they have a package for just this event. It was lovely! We stayed in the Lydia Harding suite. We loved the room since there is a remote control fireplace in both rooms. The king size 4 poster bed was comfortable and handsome. We loved the double whirlpool tub in the bath. The Inn took great care of us. Since we wanted to relax we had the breakfasts delivered to our room each morning. They took great care in bringing us our meal and making everything just right. The food itself was delicious and original. For the teas we loved being in the tea room. It was so nice to sit and relax with a variety of teas and delicious treats. Part of our package was to leave the property and have a couples massage at a local spa. The Inn took care of all the details which continued the theme of relaxation. Overall, we were sad to leave at the end of our stay. This escape will always be a wonderful memory!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChathamFan, Owner at Captain's House Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
We're so glad that this couple was able to really relax before having their first baby. As parents of young children ourselves, we realize the importance of taking time as a couple, not just before the baby is born, but periodically even after the little one changes everything! We hope to see our babymoon couples in the future to unwind as needed over the course of their babies' childhood.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Just spent an impromptu weekend get away to Chatham and stayed at the Captain House Inn. Lovely experience. The service was impeccable, scenario wonderful.
The room we stayed in Lady Lydia was beautifully appointed, with a wonderful jetted tub. Everything was thought of down to the chocolates on the night stand.

The only draw back that we noted, was the size of the bathroom and shower. It was a tight squeeze especially if you are tall like me.

The host and staff paid special attention to make our stay enjoyable.
Would recommend to any couple who wanted to get away and relax, this would be the place to stay.

We plan to be visiting again.

Kevin, Massachusetts Jan 2013.

Room Tip: Review the website photos, they truely show the details
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I concur with all of the accolades previous reviewers have given to the Captain's House Inn. My husband and I have visited several times and find it to be a wonderful, relaxing place, where the owners and staff go way out of their way to make your stay a great one. However, little did I know, how even more accommodating they could be. Since my last visit, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and need to be on a Gluten Free Diet. My husband noted this when he made our reservation online. I have stayed at several inns and hotels since my diagnosis and the Captain's House Inn, far outdid them all!
In the welcome basket waiting for us, was a gluten free granola bar! My husband had ordered a cheese, fruit and crackers plate to be delivered to our room and it came complete with gluten free crackers. I have always loved afternoon tea, but I went this time, thinking there would be nothing for me to eat and I would just drink the tea. Imagine my delight when the server brought out a whole plate of gluten free treats for m!. And finally, on our last day, the breakfast entree's were a choice of a breakfast burrito or Belgian waffles. I thought I would have to find something else to eat, but the server came to our server, before I even made an inquiry, and said that she had checked with the chef and he could make either entree gluten free. So I had my first gluten free Belgian waffles and they were delicious!
Thank you to the Captains House for making this another outstanding stay and for the very caring and thoughtful way they handled my special diet!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

couldn't resist, sorry!
This was was amazing, luxurious like a 5 star hotel (amazing service, fantastic food) but with the quality of a local inn (owner who checks every morning what your plans are and offers suggestions, wine and biscuits in the afternoon).
I cannot speak highly enough of this place, and although I tend to be hard to please, I cannot fault this inn.
Go if you can!

Room Tip: pay attention to the description on the website, we chose ours with care and were not disappointed
1 Thank Entente-cordiale
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have found that spending a few days away with my wife renews us. Of course, the Inn we stay at is critical to this process of renewing ourselves. This was our third stay at the Captain's House. The innkeepers and the staff do back flips to make you feel comfortable, welcome and special. They make breakfast and afternoon tea a priority, and I know that they work hard to make it delicious. The menu is inventive, and the dining room where we enjoy these treats is bright and airy. If you have any requests, food choices, eating in your room, whatever, they try to make it happen. In fairness to all who will read this review and have never stayed at the Captain's House, I would like to say that the rooms are very nice. Thanks to Jill and James, the innkeepers.

North of Boston, MA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had an open weekend (mid-November) and lovely weather was forecast, so we managed to get a room here at the last minute. The Inn is really large, with a huge variety of rooms to choose from. Since we booked last-minute, there were few rooms available. Our room, the Intrepid, was nice, but dark. On the ground level, you can't really have the windows and blinds open for light. Plus it was November, when everything is darker anyways. That was my only dislike -- being in a dim room. The room has an electric fireplace, two comfortable reading chairs, and a comfortably four-poster bed. The bathroom was equipped with robes, toiletries, and plenty of towels.
The staff here is wonderfully polite, gracious, and helpful. We loved the afternoon tea, featuring an amazing assortment of home-baked goodies, plus tea, of course, and even decanters of sherry and port! Breakfast is plentiful and, like tea, is available in a big bright sunny dining room. If you're the lazy type, or don't like to have breakfast around other people, they'll even bring a breakfast tray to your room!
The Inn's grounds are lovely, even in stark November. If you're coming to Chatham, I would definitely recommend the Captain's House Inn.

Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

overnight stay was truly relaxing. the spa-like bathroom was outstanding with immaculate candle-lit jacuzzi for two, separate shower with good water pressure, well-lit mirror and extensive,lovely toiletries including toothpaste.There are cozy gas fireplaces in all rooms (try to request one larger room rather than broken-up very small suite style rooms). The cleanliness,care, attention to detail, and helpfulness of all staff was excellent.They are knowledgeable about the area and all attractions. The breakfast was a delicious feast with many buffet items as well as individually prepared specialties.
The location- Chatham - is fantastic- gorgeous walking beach, great sea air, beautiful shops and restaurants-
Captain's House Inn is truly special- go for it!

Room Tip: request one larger more spacious room rather than 2 very small broken-up suite style rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chatham
Chatham Inn At 359 Main
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa
The Old Harbor Inn
The Old Harbor Inn
#1 of 9 in Chatham

Been to Captain's House Inn? Share your experiences!