“Awesome Whitewater Rafting Experience!!!”

Berkshire Whitewater
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide whitewater and scenic rafting trips to all ages and abilities on the Deerfield River as well as other local seasonal runs. The Deerfield river offers something for everybody - Mild to Wild!
Reviewed April 11, 2016

Whitewater rafting at Berkshire Whitewater was definitely the best part of my holiday! I went on both the Fife and Monroe rafting trips. The Fife was really fun and you really got the chance to take in the beautiful scenery and even learn a little about the area. I had never been rafting before and was a little nervous. We had a safety talk and learnt how to paddle which instantly put me at ease. Surfing in the rapids was brilliant! Definitely fun for all the family. If you are looking to up your game and really get the adrenaline pumping go on the Monroe! Lots of rapids! Absolutely thrilling! Prepare to get soaking and maybe even go for a swim! I had so much fun, our guide Dom was exceptional! So professional he really got everyone in the raft involved and pumped! Big thank you to all the staff at Berkshire Whitewater I had a blast and can't wait to come back!!

All reviews
"max"
in 6 reviews
"dom"

Reviewed March 31, 2016

my partner and I spent a week in Charlemont. Ma, and the highlight of the trip was getting the chance to go white water rafting with one of the Berkshire team, our minder was Dominic Capozzi, the rapids were amazing and no sooner had you gone through one you were into the next, we did have time to look at the great scenery and also see the faces of the teenagers in the following rafts, our raft was full of over sixties, except for Dominic, and we all loved it !

1  Thank bill588
Reviewed September 9, 2015

First of all our guide Zach was awesome. When I first called about white water rafting for myself and my 2 boys ages 10 and 12, I was concerned about safety. The staff assured me it was appropriate for their ages. It was just right, the class 2-3 rapids were so much fun for the kids they were laughing and screaming of excitement the whole time. The ride is about 3 hours long with a few rapids and swimming holes for everyone. You get lunch on the river as well. Great staff and a great time

1  Thank Randy B
Reviewed August 30, 2015

Like I think a lot of people searching for whitewater rafting online in western Mass., it's always Zoar Outdoor & Crab Apple Whitewater. I hadn't even heard of Berkshire Whitewater until a week ago, but they had better availability, so I went with them. They don't seem to have a big web presence -- maybe in part to being a newer company. But they're the real deal -- very professional.

My only constructive criticism -- $40 for a couple of photos from our whitewater trip -- seems a bit much. To me, if you're a new company you want people to post photos of thru trip on social media like Facebook. That type of publicity is priceless b/c it doesn't come from the company's marketing department. But judging by the number of photos on the company's FB page, people just are paying 40 bucks for a couple of photos.

1  Thank Doug K