“Great location, but...”

Mohawk Park Restaurant And Campground
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Charlemont
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Campground is open 7 days a week call 413-4470 for reservations and questions
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Heard great things about the food here so stopped in after zip lining at Zoar Outdoor. It was late afternoon on a Sunday. The bar was busy it most of the tables were empty. We waited 45 minutes for our food. While I thought my turkey sandwich was fine, my table mates were not happy with tether the steak tips or burger. The waitress was pleasant but in attentive. Very disappointing. It does look like a fun bar. I think they have live music on Saturday nights.

2  Thank Karen M

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We frequent this restaurant often as we have a summer place in Heath. So it was a no brainer to take my aunt there for her birthday dinner. BIG MISTAKE!!! We arrived before it got crowded,my aunt ordered coffee,took one sip and that was it. Asked the waitress for another cup,fresh because it was clearly old and the response we got was, "it happens, it sits on the burner all day". We informed her we were waiting for two more people and that was the last we saw of her. The rest of our party arrived and we sat there for 15-20 minutes while our server waited on others that arrived after. Finally I got up and asked the hostess to let our waitress know the rest of our party was here and could we please get them some water. 5 minutes later a different waitress came and she CLEARLY was in a bad mood. Served them water in plastic cups,forgot the lemon. Took our order, was distracted but things around her, got annoyed with us when we asked her to speak up. Never returned to our table, forgot our appetizers. Then, in a very rude tone, asked us if we still wanted them. The food was horrible!!!! I took two bites and was done. And did I mention that the first waitress and the second waitress argued with, what I assume was the manager, about waiting on us. Waitress #1 was upset she was replaced which I did not request. Right there for us to hear and see. Totally unprofessional!! As a customer service manager,with years of experience training people in the automotive industry,and a former waitress myself, I was appalled!!! One of our guests had never been there and assured us she will never return. I can only hope this was a fluke. Nevertheless, our unhappiness was clear and not so much as an apology. Money NOT well spent.

2  Thank jcp45
Paul F, Customer service representative at Mohawk Park Restaurant And Campground, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

First I would like to apologize.. our goal is to provide excellent service. Unfortunately you had to experience less than. Sorry for taking so long to get to this review as we have had recent turn overs in staff.. please allow us to make it right. Thank you

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Like others I have ridden by here on my motorcycle on my way to someplace else. Now that we own a motor home I noticed the campers on the property and the location right on the Deerfield River. Sweet!
The rates for our campsite were reasonable for water and electric. Our site, # 98 was perfect. It was the first site that we ever went to where we didn't have to get level. We were forewarned not to leave food out because they have a bear visitor. I thought that was cool and hoped he would drop by to pay us a visit. BTW, it was a cub so I wasn't too concerned.
I awoke early in the morning and with the early morning fog upon the river I happened to catch a glance of a fly fisherman on the other side of the river. It was almost surreal and that image helped me make up my mind that I want to return there in the Fall with my fly rod and do some fishing there.

2  Thank James K
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've ridden past this place countless times in my car and on my motorcycle and just figured it was a dive. Never would've stopped since I'm never staying in the area and am always cruising past at top speed. Camped up the road last weekend and one of my camping pals insisted this place served good food. I was skeptical....and I was SO wrong!

Talk about a hidden gem! And it's like Snoopy's doghouse interior-wise. Lackluster on the outside, cozy and inviting on the inside. The food was really good. Fresh veggies in the big salads, wonderfully prepared seafood (who wudda thunk it?), delicious turkey burgers and remarkably ungreasy fried fish, clams and fries.

Don't just drive on by if you're hungry. This place is WAY better than any of the roadside tourist traps further west in North Adams. Yum yum!

1  Thank BabaAus
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We live up the road from the Mohawk Pub. It's a place where hearty food is always available. Paul runs a fine kitchen that can feed a couple at the bar or a party of twenty in the dining room. Our after Thanksgiving dinner for our family of nine was served quickly. Full plates soon became empty plates surrounded by wide smiles. From fried clams to steak, portions are ample with tasty sides. Even the grand kids ate their veggies. Don't expect fine dining; just great food.