“Beautiful Setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlemont
The Warfield House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Charlemont B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Warfield House Inn is in a beautiful setting. The hiking trails are great. The home made pizza in the newly reopened restaurant is excellent. Cows, horses, sheep, ducks, and chickens lend a fun spirit. It's good value.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Warfield House Inn

Reviewed September 25, 2010

We enjoyed a peaceful, lazy, refreshing week, with this lovely farm as our base for exploring the surrounding Pioneer Valley. Excellent, full breakfasts each morning, made to order by talented innkeeper/chef, who is also the chef at the restaurant on the premises. Don't miss his wonderful homemade pizza and his grass-fed beef. Room was clean and cozy, with skylights and great views. Friendly, welcoming staff at the inn and the restaurant. No need for an alarm clock - the resident rooster will awaken you. This is a place we'll return to again and again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

A wonderful B&B located on a working farm. I stayed with my two children and they loved visiting all of the animals, running in the fields, blowing bubbles and even collecting eggs from the chickens. This was exactly the getaway I was looking for - away from the hustle and bustle and all the normal distractions (tv, video games, etc...) my kids are used to.

We stayed in one of the top floor rooms and I would highly recommend them. Our room was spacious (plenty of room for a rollaway cot for my oldest son) and had a gorgeous view of the mountains. I was woken up early enough to see the sunrise both mornings by the resident roosters! Turned out to be a good thing because it was beautiful to watch the sun come up over the mountains! Both mornings we had a delicious breakfast prepared by the innkeepers who even took into account my "extra crispy" bacon request. I'm hoping to head back in the fall so that my husband can spend some time unwinding here as well!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Mommyof2boys44
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband had planned an overnight here for our anniversary. We had a confirmed hard copy reservation in hand. But when we arrived there was no one on the premises Hmmm why is check in time listed as 3pm when no one is there at 4:30? We hung around or 15 minutes hoping someone would show up. Two people drove by, stopped and came over to us. They seemed to be caretakers since they said we were out of luck as all the rooms had been booked and they had no record of our reservation. We were getting nowhere when a car pulled up. The caretakers drove off, leaving him to solve the problem. Turned out to be the manager who said he would look into it for us. We followed him up to the office where he found our reservation on the computer and showed it to us. He said he would take us to one of the houses and get us into a room. However, after walking again back to where we started, he discovered all doors to the inn were locked and he had no keys. It's ridiculous that t a manager of a venue does not have keys to the place he manages! He said he couldnt help us and that we could drive around and find another place and send him the bill. We couldnt believe his insensitivity! We explained it was our anniversary evening and we did not feel like driving around. We asked for our money back. He said he didnt have any cash. We asked for a credit card refund. He said he didnt know how to do that. We just stood there waiting. He said there were instructions written on the credit card machine so perhaps he could figure it out. Again we hiked back up to the office. He refunded our money via credit card.
By this time 90 minutes had transpired and our anniversary evening was fast slipping away. The manager went on a tear about firing the caretakers and seeing to it this doesnt happen again. Sounded like PR bull to us. Our evening, our anniversary was ruined. I wrote a letter to the owner when I got home. A few days letter I received a letter from the manager, again nothing but PR bull. . It was clear that the owner never received my letter. The manager simply said he hoped we would come back and stay sometime, depending on availability, (what an insult, after this episode!) at his expense.(well, duh!) We've never seen such insensitive, apathetic, non-existent customer service in a hotel in all our years of travel.
Thank heavens we live less than hour away. What would a couple have done who lived 2-3 hours away?! Stay away from this place. It's a hassle and a disappointment from the get go!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MASSACHUSETTSMORGIE
Reviewed June 20, 2010

If you want to live in a society in which all are treated with respect and dignity, you should not stay at the Warfield Inn. My spouse and I are not white and we are not Christians, but we are nice and decent people. This Inn's management, however, are not. For the sake of my family's privacy I will not go into details. What I will say, however, is that we were at one point criticized for being "not Christian," for being "different" and "not like everyone else." We were screamed at, talked down to, and berated. We were made to feel profoundly uncomfortable. And what made things worse was that because of a religious restriction, we could not leave until after sundown on the night after we came. As a result, we were made to feel trapped among people who could not tolerate our existence.

It is unfortunate that this property has such a management, because as a B&B spot it has a lot of potential. The view is gorgeous. The inn-keepers, unlike the management, are very sweet and accommodating. And the breakfasts are very good.

Ultimately, though, I would strongly encourage people to stay away from the Warfield House. People are entitled to their own point of view in this country. However, in running a business, you should not be entitled to discriminate. Send a message that you do not support this management's intolerance by choosing a different place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank traveler1720
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Firstly, let me say that if you are looking for a prim and proper B & B in an old style English setting, this would probably not be for you. If you want to feel like you were walking into your, or in this case my, grandmother's house, then this is for you.

I was searching for a b & b close to Deerfield River rafting when I came across the Warfield House Inn. I looked at some reviews and their web site and it looked to be accommodating, so I made the reservations which was painless. Actually, when I called, the inn keeper was away for the weekend (family wedding I believe) and they took my information and told me that they would call me upon the innkeepers returning. I called on a Friday and sure enough, the next Tuesday morning they called to confirm my reservation.

When we arrived I was completely caught off guard in a good way. The GPS brought us to the correct address and I had no idea that the Inn was situated on top of a mountain, or large hill, or.... The one picture showing the sunrise on the web site does not do justice to the views from this Inn. The drive to the inn is steep, to say the least.

This is, as they state in the web site, a working farm and walking into the inn reminded me of my grandparents house who used to lived Vermont. We were greeted by the inn keepers and Molly, the boarder collie. The Inn itself does have a flat panel television, but if your sitting there watching cable, then your missing out on the views and the on grounds hiking trials.

The inn keepers were very accommodating asking to get our luggage for us and showing us to our room. After that, we really didn't see them except for at breakfast. We stayed in one of the newer third floor rooms which had it's own bathroom and a..c. The room and bed were comfortable. The water pressure is not great but get's the job done and the a.c. needs some time to cool the room down.

Breakfast! Ahh breakfast. It was perfect for me; eggs, pancakes, fruit, ham, bacon, coffee. We elected to eat outside on the porch and enjoy the weather and the views. They were very accommodating and brought our breakfast to us.

There were two or three others staying at the Inn this particular weekend so it was not full so I cannot speak to how quite it would be with a full house.

I should have realized, upon arriving and hearing the rooster at 4 pm, that I would hear the rooster at 5 am as well. once again, the farm life so you need to expect it.

We did walk on some of the trails around the farm and they were nice passing by meadows and over brooks.

Charlemont didn't seem to have much to offer but Shelburne Falls was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rayjay12002
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We were greeted at the main house by the couple that manage it. We felt like we were being welcomed into their home. The service was great as they seemed to anticipate our needs before we asked. Breakfast was fabulous..farm fresh eggs,,bacon ,sausage,pancakes,home made muffins. The views were breathtaking. The rooms, both public and private, were kept spotless. Our room included a convenient shower and plenty of hot water. We have stayed in dozens of B&B's over the years and I can not remember having a more restful night or more spectacular mountain views from our windows in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barryh1228
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlemont
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
Vacation Village in the Berkshires
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield

Been to The Warfield House Inn? Share your experiences!