“Awesome trip!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome trip!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Went to CrabApple this past weekend on the Monroe Bridge raft trip. Everything was extremely well organized and every single person on my trip had an absolute blast! The instructors were helpful, safe, and fun and the dinner that was provided was awesome. Having a beer and some good food by the river was a great ending to an exciting day. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone!

For anyone looking for a guide recommendation, I am pretty sure they were all great but my raft had Spike as an instructor and we would choose him again in a heartbeat

1 Thank Sbraga17
appleraft, Manager at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks for writing and letting us know what we already knew - Spike is a great guide. He has been here for about 5 seasons and he rocks! Glad your group had a great time!

Woburn, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“I had a great time running the Monroe Bridge section”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I had a great time running the Monroe Bridge section of the Deerfield River with CrabApple last Friday. From the Meet and Greet when I arrived until I pulled out of the parking lot for the drive home your team exceeded my expectations. Everyone I encountered was friendly, personable and helpful. Smiles were in great abundance.

Everything was well timed and explained ahead of time. I wish more companies would emulate your crowd control model. Not bossy or rushed, but a pleasant pace to efficiently take care of the mandatory steps of the trip.

The Monroe Bridge run felt like it could have been specifically designed for white water rafting. Boarding the raft just prior to the Dam release allowed us to settle in and start practicing paddling-especially for the newbies on the raft. The pacing of this stretch of river is ideal for a fun trip. As the grade of the features built while we continued downriver there were easy spots to eddy out and watch the other rafts. Having short “dead” river spans between the exciting spots allowed us to relax and enjoy the beautiful day. Money is an excellent guide and I would be happy to raft with him any time.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal at the base camp after the run. The salmon was tasty, yet not dry or overcooked. Both the macaroni and potato salads were excellent-fresh and tasty. I don't usually care for potato salad, but I had a second helping this time. The base camp was very clean and well maintained. I was impressed at the attitude of the entire staff as they ran around cleaning, fixing and organizing the facility as different groups arrived and departed.

Again, thank you very much for a fine time. I look forward to joining CrabApple for another trip soon.

1 Thank WWRafter2014
Man, what a great and thoughtful review! Our family thanks you.

This paragraph really hit home":

We really work on trip timing and pace. We know that down time and lack of clear information leaves folks uneasy and/or bored. Thanks for noticing!

Thanks again and see you next trip
Tremont, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“First Time = Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was the first time that my wife and I had ever been white water rafting. We went with friends of ours that had been rafting one other time. We were met in the parking lot by Frank, he must have sensed our hesitancy and quickly cracked a few remarks to lighten our minds. Next, we were greeted by Jen (owner) at the front counter. She couldn't have been friendlier. We started with a bus trip to a park to eat lunch. The food was surprisingly very tasty, even though it was just sandwiches, chips, drink and a brownie. You could tell the meat was freshly cut and as everyone else has stated, the brownies were awesome. Safety directions were supplied by Frank. They were given very seriously, but reassuringly. We were along with other families, but also a middle school group (yikes). Frank handled that group amazingly well from start to finish, I am an educator, so I notice things like that. We were placed in a boat with our friends and guide Erek. We couldn't have asked for a better first time guide and experience. He sensed our apprehension and made the trip our most memorable experience of the Berkshires! He taught us some basics of controlling the raft as a guide and even let our friend Jeff captain the boat through some rapids. This made an already great trip, better. Thanks to Frank, Jen and especially Erek for making a first time experience = Wonderful and memorable.

1 Thank workie13
Thanks for taking the time to write such a thorough review. And thanks for noticing that we care about our guests! We take it all seriously - food, a comfortable atmosphere, fun, service and a strong guide staff trained by the ownership family.

We could not have written it any better - so glad you had an awesome day with Erek!!
Lynn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“When can I go again?”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Today was an excellent day on the river. The weather was perfect, the river refreshing and the brownies delicious!

The day started with an unplanned twist...issues further north preventing the water release to take place when it was scheduled. The guides did a great job keeping everyone informed of what was going on and rearranged the schedule so we wouldn't have to stand around waiting. Instead we headed to a nearby picnic area to enjoy our lunch a little early. When word got to us the water level was up we headed back to begin the trip.
Our trip consisted of rapids, surfing, swim spots , and water fights! Despite the delay every customer was happy and enjoyed their trip. When we arrived back to the base after the trip we all enjoyed viewing the slide show and all had a good laugh at the photos taken throughout the day.

Thank you Frank and all the Crab Apple staff for a great day! See you again soon.

1 Thank Whitewaterk
Thanks for the great review. We definitely pride ourselves on "going with the flow". Pun intended.
A little wrinkle never dampens our spirits, we are having a great trip every day at Crab Apple!

Thanks again for the review. See you next trip
Kingston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What a great day !!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We spent a day on the Deerfield river with Crab Apple Whitewater and loved it ! From the minute we pulled in the parking lot we were greeted with enthusiasm and a smile. From booking to check in all went smoothly. Safety with a smile was stressed from beginning to end.
Our guides Frank and Melissa with their stories and expertise made the trip truly enjoyable. We were treated like guests more than customers. We look forward to riding the river again soon to add to the great memories we already have !!
Jim and Carol
Kingston,Ma.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jnctrips
appleraft, Manager at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Had such a great day with all of you - we had a lot of laughs. Thanks for taking the time to write a great review. Hopefully we will do it again soon - maybe some harder rapids for some or the same trip on a beautiful fall day with the foliage turning.

Thanks again,