“Floating Family Fun”

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our family went on the Funyak trip and everybody loved it!!! Mom, dad, pre-teen girl, 1st grader and grandmother - age span 68 years.
The staff was very polite and helpful and welcoming. Jennifer was a super competent and relaxed guide, the river is beautiful, the little rapids were fun and not scary and the amount of time was just right. We did the trip on a weekday, so it was a small and relaxed group. Will definitely do this again next year.

appleraft, Manager at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thanks for the nice review. We love to see multi-generational families having fun together. Cool Grandma and grandkids on the river with big smiles - how can you beat that! So glad it was a great day. See you in 2014.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Great FUN STAFF!!! We will recommend to everyone! Great lunch too. Our guide Jair was the best ever!!!

1  Thank Mirna33126

Glad you had a great trip with Jair as your guide. He is a great raft leader and part of our great staff. Thanks again

Reviewed June 24, 2013

While I was here I got to meet a bunch of their guides, including Jen and Frank who run it. This is a great family business that is professional and safe, but also really fun. This was my first rafting experience, and I can't wait to go back on a more aggressive trip, they got me hooked! The funyaking looked fun too, and I heard a rumor they might be starting a new activity soon. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on these guys for my next adventure.

1  Thank NYJJ
appleraft, Owner at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thanks for the 5 star review. You are right - our family loves what we do and we make it fun for everyone every day.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just took a group of Boy Scouts up for camping at Mt Greylock State Forest (http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/mtGreylock/) on Saturday, then rafting on Sunday @ Crab Apple. They have a ton of staff to help, very positive & professional. We had two groups - older kids could do the Class III & IV, and younger to do the Class I, II, III. Everyone had a great time. We are planning to go back!

1  Thank arbf_travelers

Thanks for the great review from a smart scout leader who took advantage of a program we offer for scouts - older boys on the Class 4 rapids and younger guys on Class 2-3. This is perfect so each boy has a great experience at a comfortable and exciting level. Thanks for the review and thanks for volunteering with the BSA!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I recently took 11 of my 5 th grade students rafting with CrabApple. The staff was friendly, professional, and I never had any doubt about safety on the trip. My students had so much fun that they have been talking about it for days. I would highly recommend this trip for any group.

1  Thank Matthew K
appleraft, Manager at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Matt - It was so great to have your school join us for the first time this year! I know this 5th grade group was the test group for bigger trips in the future. The kids ad chaperones all seemed to have a great experience, so we look forward to the entire 5th grade joining us in 2014!

Thanks again for trusting Crab Apple with your first whitewater trip.