“A first class experience...”

Crab Apple Whitewater
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
South Hadley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A first class experience...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

My third trip in and I'm more impressed than ever! I firmly believe (now) that being family owned makes a difference. The consistency and attention to detail, along with the professionalism and dedication come through in every trip I take. It's obvious that the staff enjoy what they do and I walk away with the feeling that they had as much fun as I did. From the time you pull in to the parking lot with friendly direction on where to park, to the high five on the way out after the barbecue, this experience is one that I am looking forward to doing again and again. Very friendly, family oriented staff, can't say enough. I'm in the process of booking a Monroe Bridge run for my friends and myself right now!

1 Thank Ron M
appleraft, Owner at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thanks, Ron. Really enjoy taking you, your family and friends down the river. And you are correct - we have as much fun as you do! See you next trip.

Westerlo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“crab apple whitewater rafting trip adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family have rafted 4 times with crab apple and have thoroughly enjoyed the adventure of rafting the Deerfield. After being given a brief safety course and instruction on how to safely raft, the high professional staff guided us to a great day of fun in the beautiful area of Western, Mass. Our family has done all sections of this river and love the excitement and "rush" that the Monroe Bridge section especially offers. The post rafting dinner and photo presentation afterwards completed another great day of family fun that we will not soon forget. Keep up the great job and look forward to a future trip with Crab Apple whitewater Rafting.

2 Thank Andy M
appleraft, Manager at Crab Apple Whitewater, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
4 Trips - wow, thanks so much for returning to our family business and taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We love taking families down the river and it is especially cool to see families "graduate" from easier trips to the more aggressive Monroe Bridge Section rapids.
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crab Apple Whitewater Rafting - Great for Schools/ Great for Families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have taken my students on Crab Apple rafting trips for the past 5 years. The owners and guides are knowledgable, easy to work with, accomodating, safe, friendly and FUN!

I have had such positive experiences that this summer I decided to bring my family on a trip. We all loved it! And we'll return to try out other adventures with Crab Apple. Thanks to Jen and Frank Moody for providing us with a great experience!

1 Thank Jane M
Thanks for writing such a great review. We have many stories like yours - chaperones with youth organizations love their trip and appreciate our great staff so much that they return with family or friends. Glad that both trips were great!
Amherst, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Great Whitewater experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have been to crabapple a couple of times in recent years. The first trip I took with crabapple was on the Fife Brook section of the Deerfield River with my family. I have done many other trips around the world but our guide and the other staff made this a special experience. My daughter was terrified in the beginning to say the least but half way down the river she could not stop smiling. If you have never been rafting before or are with your family I would highly suggest the Fife Brook trip.
For my more recent trips I opted for the more advanced Monroe Bridge trip. This section of river was packed with class II-IV rapids. On other trips I have done there would be some whitewater then long float sections but on this trip the whitewater came in rapid fire (pun intended) making for almost non-stop action for 5 miles! When we stopped on the side of the river for snack I had time to look around and enjoy my surroundings, I felt like lewis and clark days from civilization. It was hard to believe I was just 2 hours from Boston. I would recommend this trip to anyone who is up for excitment and adventure.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank class6rafter
Yup - 2 hours from Boston and you feel like you're lost in Colorado in a deep river gorge.

Thanks for coming rafting and writing a nice review about your experiences with your young daughter on a mild trip and your wilder rides on the Monroe Bridge ride.

See you next trip.
Sunderland, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“deerfild river trips great fun for the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

to my brother, nephew, and my kids had a great weekend on two of crab apples deerfield river trips. We started with the Funyak trip. What a blast!! Some, easy whitewater, great for the little ones, and some streached of flatwater where we blasted each other with water blasters. We all had a blast, what a fun trip. The following day, after a fun time splashing around in the pool, and wacking golf balls at the Oxbow motel, We went on the fife brook trip. We had a raft to ourselves, with an awesome guide, Al, I think his name was. He was great. Got us all laughing , and working down the river. From pulling into the parking lot on saterday, and leavng sunday, the profesionalism of the staff, and the fun we all had, made for the best family outting we have ever had. We'll be back.

Visited August 2011