“Beautiful Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zoar Outdoor/Deerfield Valley Canopy Tours

Zoar Outdoor/Deerfield Valley Canopy Tours
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1989, Zoar Outdoor has offered the best in New England white water rafting trips, zip line canopy tours, kayaking clinics, canoeing instruction, rock climbing classes and bike rentals for adventurers of all abilities, from beginners to experts. Based out of our convenient location in the Berkshires in western Massachusetts, Zoar Outdoor river trips, canopy tours and instructional clinics are only 2 hours from Boston and New Haven and just 3 hours from Providence and New York City.
Sandwich, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

A bunch of us stayed at the lodge to take part of the Bone Frog Challenge across the street at Berkshire East Ski Resort. Everything was as advertised. WiFi and phone reception could have been better. Loved seeing the hummingbirds.

Visited May 2014

Chelsea, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A nice mixture of relaxing and exhilarating fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I went on May 10th, 2014 with my school as part of our senior week events. I was already excited, because river rafting was on my bucket list of things to do. When we arrived we were immediately greeted by one of their employees. Then, two others followed and introduced themselves while also letting us know the water was cold so we should wear wet suits. Everything was very organized, the bathroom/changing room was clean and spacious. I can't stress enough how amazing their staff is. They were all extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgable about the area and safety. You can tell they all share an incredible bond. My raft was guided by Liv, she's incredible. She made an effort to get to know us and answered all of our questions. She didn't rush us, we went on our own pace. I was so impressed by their patience and strength. The majority of the ride was calm and relaxing. When it was time for lunch, they had prepared delicious chips & dip, sandwiches, cookies and drinks. By the end of the day, we paddled 10 miles so I felt like a pro and definitely would love to come back for their advanced course! I, also purchased the photos taken of us and they came out amazing! Thanks again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank vintagegirl4
Bruce L, Owner at Zoar Outdoor/Deerfield Valley Canopy Tours, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thanks for the review. I'm glad you had a fun trip for your senior week. Our staff loves taking people on river trips and we all enjoy the great people we get to work with each day. Hope to see you again soon.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fantastic experience not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My son and I recently spent the afternoon with the folks at Zoar Outdoor on the Zip line course. We weren't sure what to expect but upon arrival the staff was incredibly friendly and welcoming. Although we were a bit nervous, they made us feel very comfortable and above all, safe. We were very disappointed when it was over and the first thing my son asked was "Can we come back tomorrow?" We have decided to book an overnight this summer and take advantage of the rafting trip and zip lining. I would highly recommend this outdoor adventure for anyone who is looking for an exhilarating day in the woods! Excellent staff, wonderful time!

1 Thank T-bone97
Waltham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great fun, wonderful guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went on April 21, 2014 with my 10 year old daughter. We had a great experience with Emily and Matt leading us on the tour. They were fun, helpful guides extremely conscious of safety but made sure we all had a good experience. You do need to be able to walk a bit and it's probably NOT a good thing to do if you are afraid of heights. Highly recommend this as a fun, safe activity for all ages.

Arlington, Massachusetts
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Fun zip time with an eco-friendly slant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

First (but definitely not last!) experience with the Zoar team for an early spring zipline tour. Matt and Kyle were super friendly but also safety focused and greatly knowledgeable about the forest were were playing in. We learned more about arborology (?? :) ) than we had any right to expect and had a ton of fun to boot! They also had a professional photographer out on the course and we were able to purchase a nice CD of photos for a very reasonable price at the conclusion of the tour. We will definitely return for ziplining and would also choose Zoar for river rafting based on the great experience we had with this company.

Visited April 2014
Bruce L, Owner at Zoar Outdoor/Deerfield Valley Canopy Tours, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Michael,

I'm glad you had a chance to play in our forest! Thanks for posting the review.

Bruce