“Life-changing and exhilirating!”

Berkshire East Canopy Tours
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Owner description: Berkshire East Canopy Tours (BECT) has 25 Zip Lines spanning 3 different Tours. Our 4.14 miles of Zip Lines that are constructed with a Passive Gravity Braking system. Each Tour features Dual Racing Zip Lines which allows two rider to Zip at the same time. The Valley Jump Tour has two of the Longest Zip Lines in North America- X1 is 2300' -- X2 is 2600' in length. Riders on these zips fly 187' above the valley floor. The BECT Guides are friendly, informative and trained/certified by the leading Zip Line Design and Building company in the nation, Experience Based Learning.
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We took the Valley Jumping Zipline tour at Berkshire East Canopy Tours, and we had the best time of our lives! I would highly recommend this tour, and I can't wait to go back and do it again! The guides really explain all of the ins and outs of ziplining, while making it a very entertaining experience with their relaxed and friendly manner. They make you feel very comfortable and safe, and are very supportive and helpful. The Valley Jumping tour was the most incredible experience, and and should be on everyone's "bucket list"!

2  Thank Poocolada2

Reviewed October 5, 2010

My friend and I did the Valley Jump Tour last weekend...I can't wait to do it again!

I'm not a big fan of heights, so I wasn't sure how I would feel about the higher zips. The company provides plenty of details about each trip they offer, so you know exactly what you're in for! The first 4 zips were fun, as well great way to get a feel for it before X1 & X2. Our guides Mark and Max were very friendly while remaining professional and safety-conscious, and the customer service staff were also very pleasant (I give them extra credit here, as we showed up in peak foliage season on a beautiful Saturday morning WITHOUT a reservation!). I would recommend this attraction to anyone looking for a unique outdoor experience - it's worth every penny.

2  Thank jinx1213
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I'm over 60 and didn't really care to participate with the others but, what the heck. Wow, am I glade I tried it and can't wait to try it again. My motto is "only cry once" so I went right to the Mountain Tour (longest). Only way to go.
Have fun,

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This is a 3 hour tour through mother nature. The views are beautiful, and the guides are trained well. This tour consist of 6 zip lines. The first 4 are fun and get you use to zipping. The last 2 are amazing they are between 2 mountains, very high and fast, definately for the thrill seeker! Some moderate hiking is involved. You can bring backpacks for water, camera etc. This something I would definately do again!

3  Thank Wells_VTSarah
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Berkshire East, located just off the famed Mohawk Trail in Charlemont, MA is a ski area in Winter and a Zipline Adventure in the Summer. There are 3 different tours to choose from. I chose the The Mt. Top Tour. This consisted of a Lift ride to the summit, seven exciting Zip Lines in the canopy ranging from 250' feet to 800' in length. The tour then concludes with a scenic chair lift ride to the base area. This tour takes approximately 2.5 to 3 hours and there will be food and drink available at the Base Lodge following your tour.

Recommended - Bug spray, sunscreen, long shorts (bermuda length), comfortable clothing and sneakers or hiking boots, sunglasses. We also brought cameras (while you can't really take a photo while your zipping - if you go with others, you can take pictures of them!

3  Thank dogmom38