“Best Way to See the Berkshires!”

Berkshire East Canopy Tours
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Owner description: Berkshire East Canopy Tours (BECT) has 25 Zip Lines spanning 3 different Tours. Our 4.14 miles of Zip Lines that are constructed with a Passive Gravity Braking system. Each Tour features Dual Racing Zip Lines which allows two rider to Zip at the same time. The Valley Jump Tour has two of the Longest Zip Lines in North America- X1 is 2300' -- X2 is 2600' in length. Riders on these zips fly 187' above the valley floor. The BECT Guides are friendly, informative and trained/certified by the leading Zip Line Design and Building company in the nation, Experience Based Learning.
Reviewed October 13, 2015

Our large group of 14 had a fantastic time Zip Lining at Berkshire East Canopy Tour. Four of us did the Valley Jump Tour and eight (including kids) did the Mountain Top Tour. Guides were informative, patient and thorough and worked with those who were nervous. Safety was the focus and there wasn't a moment of down time. The guides kept the group moving and made the experience memorable. No other way to see the beauty of the Berkshires! Also did the Mountain Coaster and it was really fun for the kids.

All reviews
"made us feel"
in 9 reviews
"weather was perfect"

Reviewed October 11, 2015

This was a great experience! I recommend this over the Zoar Zip Lines. Doing this during the week, after labor day is even better because there aren't as many people in your group. The guides were knowledgeable, professional and also a lot of fun! The scenery was awesome! Try it out at least once. Our next stop is the Valley Jump.

Reviewed October 10, 2015

If you are looking for an exciting and fun filled way to spend a few hours, I strongly reccomend the Valley Jump Tour at Berkshire East. This was our second time zipping with them. They have the best zipping in New England with great guides, long, fast zips with easy landing areas. We can't wait to return and we only wish they were closer to home. The views from X1 and X2 are amazing!

Reviewed October 6, 2015

This was my first time zip lining, so i did the beginner zip. The instructors were very thorough, patient, and I felt safe. I had a great time. I definitely recommend this for anyone who has wanted to try zipping.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 4, 2015

This is my third time zipping. The valley jump is breathtaking in the fall. Dress comfortable as there is an uphill hike involved. I bring a small backpack with water , tissues, chapstick and camera. I wouldn't advise picture taking with a phone while zipping...I use a camera with a strap that I attach to my wrist and use a twist tie to tighten it so it stays tight. I get great video of my daughter when we zip the double lines. Just don't forget to enjoy the amazing views !! Our guides Bob and Josh were friendly and informative as well as our previous guides. I never have had a bad experience with any part of the process from booking to zipping.... My first time was with the wind turbine tour . Great price and good for first time zipping. However.....I would have gone straight for the valley jump had I known how awesome it was. We purchase when they offer specials which helps cut the cost down. Hope to make it a yearly trip !! We also tip the guides for such a great time. First time it was a drizzly day and even though it is rain or shine , I prefer a sunny day for the perfect view.