“Beautiful and Exhilirating”

Berkshire East Canopy Tours
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Owner description: Berkshire East Canopy Tours (BECT) has 25 Zip Lines spanning 3 different Tours. Our 4.14 miles of Zip Lines that are constructed with a Passive Gravity Braking system. Each Tour features Dual Racing Zip Lines which allows two rider to Zip at the same time. The Valley Jump Tour has two of the Longest Zip Lines in North America- X1 is 2300' -- X2 is 2600' in length. Riders on these zips fly 187' above the valley floor. The BECT Guides are friendly, informative and trained/certified by the leading Zip Line Design and Building company in the nation, Experience Based Learning.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

You get amazing views of the Deerfield River valley and the foliage in the fall is beautiful. We did the mountain top tour and did not regret it. I will definitely be back for the Valley Jump.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband was so scared to try this with me he was literally ill on the way there, but really wanted to overcome his fears. When I told this to a staff member, they pulled him aside and totally put him at ease. They showed him the harnesses, explained each zip line, and cracked jokes with him. Our guides were SO understanding of his fears as well and reassured him they would lower him down if he truly was to afraid. One of the guides, Fred, even told jokes and riddles which totally works with my husband. The final result: we did the treetop tour and are going back for the valley jump!!!! These guys are awesome.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great 3 hour tour. Great guides, Lydia and Tony. Wonderful time. I would book last minute -- the cancelation policy is rigid. Check the weather and then book. Amazing view on Columbus Day weekend!!!!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I and our two teenage children just came back from a weekend in the Berkshires where we went zip lining for the first time! What a great experience! We made reservations for a "Base tour" kind of a learning experience and at the last minute that morning decided to upgrade to the intermediate level. It was a sold out weekend but they slipped us in and we wound up with a private trip up the mountain, just the four of us and our two guides. Normally we are told that the group can be as crowded as 15 on a tour. Our guides were the best! Max and Danielle were more than knowledgeable and friendly and outgoing not to mention patient with us "first timers" what a beautiful experience! We were so pleased we tipped our guides which in not necessarily expected and cant wait to go back! How nice to not only squeeze us in on a busy weekend (Columbus Day) but then create a tour just for us that had not been scheduled. They were friendly and nice and the place was beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in zip lining or would like to try one of their many different tours. We want to try the advanced one next!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fun loving, funny and yet safety conscious guides made a Columbus Day Weekend trip to Berkshire East a wonderful experience. There are three levels of zip lines. You are put in a group (ours had 8 plus two guides). You then go through a series of zip lines with in your chosen level. We chose the intermediate level although it was our first time. Although I was a bit nervous about jumping off the platforms and trusting my harness, I felt better each time. The guides were supportive and sensible. Zipping itself is a breeze. We'll definately go back for the top level.

1  Thank GardenG