“Beautiful foliage in the fall”

Berkshire East Canopy Tours
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Charlemont
More attraction details
Owner description: Berkshire East Canopy Tours (BECT) has 25 Zip Lines spanning 3 different Tours. Our 4.14 miles of Zip Lines that are constructed with a Passive Gravity Braking system. Each Tour features Dual Racing Zip Lines which allows two rider to Zip at the same time. The Valley Jump Tour has two of the Longest Zip Lines in North America- X1 is 2300' -- X2 is 2600' in length. Riders on these zips fly 187' above the valley floor. The BECT Guides are friendly, informative and trained/certified by the leading Zip Line Design and Building company in the nation, Experience Based Learning.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am not fond of heights so it was with a little trepidation that I took my family for a zip lining excursion in the fall. I was rewarded, however, with a fantastic time and a spectacular view of the Berkshire foliage. The guides we had were wonderful. I like how they help you slow down, unlike other zip lining tours. Just a tip, if you want to take kids, make sure they are over 70lbs.

1  Thank Alan S
There are newer reviews for Berkshire East Canopy Tours

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I went out to try this about a year ago. They had some incredibly impressive runs over a mountain valley. We will definitely try it again. I can only imagine that it has improved.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Loved this! We did the 3 hr extreme course and had a blast. Our guides, Robin and Tony were great and very helpful. Robin lent his mittens to one of the girls that was with us. It was rainy and cold, so we will do this again, hopefully in June.
The views were starting to clear up as we got to the last 2 and long zips, so we were able to enjoy the beautiful foliage.

1  Thank Niki S
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My boyfriend proposed to me last week at the Berkshire East Canopy Tours. The proposal was a complete and utter surprise. Thank you to everyone there who was involved, as I know that it took a lot of work and collaboration with the staff at Berkshire to help pull this off.

The zip lining itself was amazing - our guides were wonderful and slowly eased us into the zipping experience. The views from the last two zips were extraordinary. I hope to return to Berkshire East again!

Thanks again!

1  Thank aarmstr
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My first time zipping. I love roller coasters and that's what I was expecting. I wasn't disappointed but the experience is nothing like that. No death defying drops, upside down thrills or or stomach upsetting twists.

You are almost sitting in a comfortable chair flying through the woods. Well a couple of times way above the woods but I didn't get the feeling of being high. More like the experience of Soaring at Disney World.

I did the Valley Tour which included two zips with parallel cables so you are able to zip along with a friend. Pretty cool.

Berkshire East apparently has the longest highest cables in the East. If that true the others need to catch up because Higher, faster, longer is a lot better than short and slow.

Being my first time I am hesitant to give 5 stars because I know that there must be someplace better but this was way better than merely "very good"

I would also add that they seem to take safety VERY seriously. We were not allowed to touch the Harness, cables, or attaching hardware, and everything was double secured. In addition I did not see ANY wear or corrosion on the cables or other hardware.

3  Thank rjr4945