“Can't wait to go back!”

Captain David Kelley House
Ranked #1 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We just spent a wonderful 2 nights at the Capt. David Kelly House - B & B in Centerville, MA. Can't remember when we so enjoyed staying at a B & B. The B & B is under new management - and the two hosts - Rick and Tom made us feel so welcome.

The room was beautiful and immaculate - with all the trimmings including Terry Cloth Robes, A/C (which we did need) and TV. The common rooms - especially the porch and the back deck were very comfortable and invitiing. At five o'clock cheese and crackers were served! We met wonderful people also staying at the B & B - sitting for an hour or so to share drinks and swap stories about our day.

Breakfast was delicious, creative and served with elegance. There was a warmth and friendliness about the guests and our hosts - that one doesn't always find.

We will definitely go back for another visit and would highly recommend this B & B to anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful spot to stay on the Cape.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2009

This was our third summer at the CDK - a multi-generational family gathering for a long weekend. My husband and I have personally stayed in the Captain Kelley and Rachel rooms - both lovely (as all rooms are). The new Innkeepers Tom & Rick have made structural improvements to the Inn as well as upgrading the services and breakfasts considerably. The friendly "scone competition" between Tom & Rick serves their guests well - hard to choose between Orange Cranberry Walnut and Currant Buttermilk - both delicious! Especailly nice are the screened porches for breakfast or relaxing with an afternoon book. The town of Centerville is lovely - convenient to many excellent restaurants and shopping; an easy walk to or from Craigville Beach; and much too close to Four Seas Ice Cream for anyone's diet! Check out the book sale at the town Library held 3-4 times a week - $1 for hardcover/50 cents for paperbacks. You cannot beat this lovely Inn or it's hospitable Innkeepers.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We spent 2 nights in Centerville at Tom and Rick's fantastic, spotless B&B. The guys have it fixed up with great antiques and lots of decorator touches. They are very welcoming and perfect innkeepers. IThe place is a true labor of love. The breakfasts served on the screened porch are delicious, homemade and hearty. The beds are very very comfy. Each room is different with high thread count sheets. Around the corner are the best Lobster Rolls in town at Four Seas. If you are in the area, this is the place for you.

Reviewed July 30, 2009

My husband and I spent three wonderful nights at the Captain David Kelly House and our visit was 100% superb! Tom and Ric are wonderful hosts that are professional, kind, helpful and simply fun to be around. The food is delicious, the rooms are beautifully designed down to the fresh flowers in our room each day. These guys are pro's at running their B & B. Trust me....you will not be disappointed when you stay at the CDK House! We cannot wait to return. Jill & Bill, Cincinnati, OH

Reviewed July 27, 2009

This was our first B & B experience, and we were more than impressed. We definitely want to come back with more family some time. Rick and Tom were excellent hosts: friendly, but not overbearing, very accomodating, great attention to detail, and relaxing to be around. My wife said that "They were made for this kind of work," and I agree. We told them that we were celebrating our first anniversary, and we were greeted with a bottle of champagne in our bedroom with a nice note, and a nice cd already in the cd player by the bedside. Fresh flowers by the bed, two deluxe chocolates each night, modernized bathroom (a little small, but everything you need including an amazing shower head, hair dryer, and even an iron in the room), flat screen tv., cd player/clock radio/alarm, etc. You could tell these guys thought of everything, and I mean everything. Every room is very, very tastefully decorated, complete with historic paintings, crown moldings and panelling, etc. Another example of how they pay attention to detail and to their guests: Rick heard that we were interested in biking some of the trails on the Cape, and the next day he gave us information on biking trails and even shared some of his own experiences. Oh yeah, and how can I forget the incredible coffee maker? Fresh deluxe coffees and teas of all kinds available whenever you want -- I'm a big coffee "buff" and this was reallly good. They even let us keep our bikes on one of their screened-in porches (we brought our own to save money on renting bikes). And the food was outstanding. Different stuff each day, and it was all excellent and very fresh. Rick serves you like he's a waiter at a restaurant; it's a great experience. I can't say enough about this place. I was blown away. The only down side we could think of was that the bed mattresses were overly firm -- I actually like that, but some may not. I'd definitely recommend staying here -- you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 15, 2009

I have never been inspired to write an on-line review, but my wonderful visit to the Captain David Kelley House had to be shared. My husband and I cannot imagine a more beautiful setting or more gracious hosts. Tom and Rick were absolutely charming and made our visit very special. I happened to mention that it was our anniversary when I made the reservation months before and they greeted us with a warm anniversary welcome. The inn is immaculate and cozy, with attention to every detail- including a welcome basket, fresh flowers in the room, and evening appetizers. The room was so comfortable and quiet that we slept through breakfast the first morning and were very sorry that happened when we tasted the incredible breakfast on the second morning. The best quiche and scones we've ever had! We can't wait to get back for another visit!

Reviewed July 15, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Captain David Kelley house in July 2009. We wanted a relaxing weekend on the Cape and we definitely had that experience here. The new owners, Rick and Tom, are so hospitable and accomodating. This B&B offered so many small, thoughtful touches such as delish cheese and crackers and chocolates before bed. All of our needs were met and then some but we never felt like we were intruding as we have in some B&Bs.

If you are looking for someplace to stay on the Cape, I highly recommend the David Kelley House!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Captain's Manor Inn
#4 of 10 in Brewster
Craigville Beach Inn
Craigville Beach Inn
#1 of 3 in Centerville

Been to Captain David Kelley House? Share your experiences!