“I shall return!”

Captain David Kelley House
Ranked #1 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was "flying solo" for the first time in many years and actually considered staying in a commercial hotel on the Cape rather than a B&B. I was concerned there would be little privacy and only couples at breakfast. My fears were unfounded. Rick and Tom, from the moment I called to inquire about a reservation, couldn't have been more easy going and welcoming. Their home mirrors their warmth, their attention to detail, and their engaging sense of fun! Whether you are arriving alone or as part of a large group, they remember your name, email you ahead of arrival about your room and why they think it will be perfect just for you, and they are available for your questions/requests, yet they know how to ensure your privacy. I stayed in the Phoebe Room - the view of the distant hills was stunning - the bed was sumptuous in its simplicity, providing a peaceful night's sleep, and freshly brewed coffee wafted up the narrow staircase in the morning to greet me. If heaven is anything like this, sign me up!

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking up narrow flights of stairs, tell Rick and Tom you will need to reser...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Rick and Tom.......you have done it right!!
I have stayed in many B&B's around the country (and Europe).....this is one of the finest!
What a great house, super rooms and the breakfast's......wow, is what comes to mind.
The house is centrally located on the cape, seems like we were only minutes from everywhere we wanted to go.
Tom and Rick were so very helpful with places to go, dinners and anything that one might need.
We will be back for sure on our next trip to the area.
Thanks guys!!

(and Tom.....you won)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My friend and I were doing an Autumn New England road trip and the Captain David Kelley House was one of our first destinations, and our BEST destination. We stayed in the suite. Both rooms were cozy and comfy. The house is really a HOME; the decor is comfortable and beautiful. The details, cleanliness, and quality were top notch. I felt like I've known Rick and Tom as friends for a long time. They are so much fun and just so kind and full of JOY! I adore them. Breakfast and the scone wars were fantastic...the food was excellent; I've never had such perfectly cooked poached eggs. The scones were yummy...yes, both, I can't take sides! One morning it rained so we spent our time sitting in the living room. Rather than being sad that our morning plans didn't pan out, we instead enjoyed a relaxing much needed time-out in a thoroughly pleasant home. I highly recommend the Captain David Kelley House...except, please don't book when I want to go back! :o)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If it were possible would give this place 10 stars. Great village location but close enough to get to everything on the Cape (also very near a great beach). We had 'toured' for 3 weeks using various B&B's but this was without doubt the best both for the type of accommodation and the hosts. The place is a true palace of luxury. Tom and Rick were the perfect hosts. The scone wars at breakfast have become the stuff of legends, I won't spoil the fun asyou have to experience it yourself but if they were to sell the recipes it would be a best selling book!

Room Tip: anyone of them, we had the Rachel, be warned you need a step ladder to reach the bed its so high and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned from the best weekend away.... Don't look at another B&B in the Hyannis area... This is the perfect place...in every way. The house and rooms are meticulously clean and we'll appointed. Every detail is amazing... Your hosts Tom and Rick are warm, friendly and truly make you feel a part of their home. They embrace you as a new friend and when you leave you will shortly be planning your next visit. The breakfasts are delicious... Yummy scones!!! If I could give a 10 I would .... We will be back many many times... Thank you Tom and Rick...

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We spent three nights at Captain David Kelley in September as part of our honeymoon (we had the chance to stay either in the Captain Baker Room and in the Rachel Room).
Rick and Tom are lovely, they welcame us and made us feel like at home! Everything in the house is lovely and tidy, the rooms are big and equipped with all the comforts. Breakfast was great! Rick and Tom are great cooks (we tasted the best scones ever!).
They were always helpful and did their best to meet all our needs!

Thank you so much, we had a very great time with you and really enjoyed our trip… As Tom said, we hope our roads will cross again!
Andrea & Annalisa (Italy)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This review is long overdue (sorry Rick and Tom!). We enjoyed out first stay at the Captain David Kelley House this past August, and will definitely be back again. This charming bed and breakfast is laid back, beautifully maintained and has all of the modern conveniences. Perfect place to stay, and we toted our parents along with us who also enjoyed their stay. A+ Rick and Tom--thank you for being such wonderful hosts!! The scone war must go on!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong... Beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 9 in Falmouth
Liberty Hill Inn
Liberty Hill Inn
#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port

Been to Captain David Kelley House? Share your experiences!