“right on the beach”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Centerville
Newport, Rhode Island
“right on the beach”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a 2 day get away and the location was perfect right on the beach. Had the Matha Vineyards room with a nice view. The bathroom was exceptionally small and we are not big people . The portable airconditioner was loud . I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
If you just want to sit on the beach or look at the water this is the place but I am not sure what we would have done if we had rain. Also the beach has very small waves so if you are looking for big waves this is not the beach . The water temp was fine.

Room Tip: We liked the Martha Vineyards room - private balcony
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank tuesdaylady
OceanViewStaff, Front Office Manager at Ocean View Motel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Westport, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This is one of the most perfect and quaint motels that I have stayed in. It sits right on Craigsville beach so you just have to walk acrosss the street to go to the beach. Beach is extremely clean and so is the Motel. The bed was very comfortable and I got 2 great nights sleep. I booked two days June 27th & 28th and I'm going back again next year and staying longer. Beautiful view of the ocean. The staff is very friendly and I felt like I was royalty there. The rooms were very clean and the staff made sure we were comfortable, had enough towels, etc.. Loved having my terrace outside to sit and watch the sunset. Some balconies are in the front to the ocean but ours was in the back so it cut off a lot of the wind. It was extremely quiet since there are only 8 rooms which is a plus. Since I travel with my computer the WIFI was very easy to access and I was able to work and have fun at the same time. I will definately be staying here again. The best motel on Cape Cod. Make accommodations early because this is a hot motel on Cape Cod. I give this 5 stars.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very nice. Most or all have balconies.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoryLavoie
hartford, ct
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We just returned from a trip to Cape Cod for the first time in many years. While searching the internet for a place to stay I came upon the Ocean View Motel. I contacted them and made a reservation for the 7th - 11th of August. We were delayed in arriving due to an event at home. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and we were able to get into our room very late. The following morning they were quick to offer more towels as I had my wife and two daughters with me. The hotel is immaculate. The service was impeccable and the location was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying at Cape Cod . There is no pool but the ocean is just steps away. Furthermore they are continuing with renovations and this can only make the place even better. Great job out of Ray and Jeneen. You will not be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank whalerfan
Hamburg, New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2011

i paid $210 for a thursday night. the room is clean enough, cozy, quiet, a bit worn but not a problem. i have a little frig, 25" tv, white whicker furniture, table for working or eating, good ac, free wifi. right outside is the street with a parking lot. past the lot is the beach which i can see from my window. next door is a snack shack. i am pleased. i think this is a perfect place for someone who's priority is to be as close to the beach as possible which is just what i was looking for. gentleman at the desk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank stefaniehere
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed at the Ocean View for a long weekend starting Aug. 4 2011. We were cheerfully greeted with smiles. The staff was very accomodating and very friendly. The owner...Ray...is on site and eager to make sure all is well. The location is second to non. The motel sits right on Craigville Beach. We walked out our door...and you're on the beach...(you cross over a small local road...)not an issue.
The room was large and comfortable. More important..it was clean. The rooms have new flat screen tv's...but who goes to the beach to watch tv...Additionally, each room has a porch or terrace which allows you to sit outside the room at night if you wish to take in the sounds of the surf. The parking is limited to one car per room and is right in front of the hotel...it can not get any more convenient. Cudos to Ray and the staff ! We will absolutely be going back there next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beach_goer1219
Port Arthur, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Our family reserved two rooms more than 4 months in advance. We travelled over 1500 miles to spend time on Cape Cod. This place appeared to be the ideal spot. However, when we arrived only one room was available. The hotel had double booked and the other party was already in the room. They told us there was nothing they could do. We asked to speak with the owner. We were told he would call but he never did. We ended up finding other accomodations that had some drawbacks. Overall they screwed up and other than refunding the deposit and saying there was nothing they could do.... We were left to fend for ourselves.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank blaSSt
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We love this place.. The owner ray is such a nice guy and he showed us great hospitality. The lady in the office Janine was just a friendly face to see while we were there. She made sure i had towels and all the things to make our stay complete and comfortable. it is funny me and my husband had went away to another hotel in another state and they were not friendly . but The ocean view is amazing. the view, the office staff, there housekeeper . I can not wait to go again. God willing. And it is good to know that they are open year round. i recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you Ray & Janine for a wonderful vacation.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank langstan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Anchor In Hotel
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach
Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach
#3 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Ocean View Motel? Share your experiences!