“Very good pie”

Centerville Pie Co.
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Centerville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A small local restaurant & pie shop serving quality meals. PIE SHOP HOURS -M0N-SUN 8am-6pm Variety of savory and sweet pies available. frozen pies to take home ,bring your coolers!
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We just enjoyed our first centerville pie....it was very good, but I am not over the moon over them. I like veggies in my potpie and these have no veggies and are a little on the salty side for me. My mother's was 100% better and I wonder why we didn't have her in the kitchen baking pies. I do have to say that we stopped for lunch and then bought the pie and this place has great lunches and the breakfast menu looks pretty good too. The dining room is done in red and very cheerful and clean. If you are renting a house on the Cape in Osterville, Centerville, Mashpee, Cotuit or Hyannis, it is worth looking for the Centerville pie company to buy a pie for a quick dinner, or to stay and enjoy lunch or breakfast. It is off season here now, but I would bet in the summer this place is really hopping and you might have a wait.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Denalid, don't you read the news? That was right after the Oprah scenario... The reason they didn't have pies ready was exactly BECAUSE they were a small, home town shop! Read up about the good work of Centerville Pies and then rewrite your review!

Reviewed January 11, 2010

Pre-Oprah: Some friends and I were at the Cape vacationing/shopping, etc. and stopped in for breakfast. It was a fabulous breakfast, fresh eggs, crispy homefries, toast -- the works cooked exactly how you want it. We were still in the neighborhood and stopped in for lunch as we had been talking about the pies at breakfast. I was unsure of the clam pie, so one of the owners gave me a slice to try. I would have bought the whole pie if I had some way of keeping it!! Just excellent -- I didn't think I would like clam pie. My friends tried the other pies available and loved them. Stopped before heading back to Boston after vacation and bought lots of pies. They keep well.

1  Thank lvn4theday
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I have been to the Centerville Pie Shop multiple times. I don't agree with the other negative reviewer. $18 is cheap for what you get - a mouth-watering, ohhh so good, chicken pie filled to the top buttery crust - melt in your mouth goodness. And, if you have a sweet tooth, their fruit pies can't be beat. They are a wonderful little place to stop in for a cup of coffee and slice of pie. You ALWAYS get your money's worth and more. Yes, they are busy because of the "Oprah Effect" , but they are more than willing to try and accomodate you. Next time order ahead and stock up and put them in your freezer. Nothing like coming home, pop one in the oven and have that wonderfule fresh-baked smell all through the house on a cold winter's night. Mmmmmmm..........
Breakfast is also wonderful. This place is not to be missed !!

Reviewed January 10, 2010

We stumbled on this little gem while spending a weekend on the Cape. First we had a great breakfast there. The next visit we had a very tasty lunch with fabulous Key Lime pie for desert. Now, we make special trips (we are an hour and a half away) with a large cooler that we bought just to transport the second to none pies back home! We love the Chicken Pot Pie and Shepards Pie the most and take home several of each to have in our freezer. The homemade crust is always a taste treat and the pies are loaded with meat. So easy to pop on the oven after a long day at work and in just over an hour, you have an incredibly tasty home cooked dinner. Combine that with the desert pie, and you have a great dinner. Our favorite desert pie is the Toll House Cookie Pie, no diet is worth skipping that one for!