“History, Charm, Ambiance and Warmth Under One Roof”
Review of The Fernbrook Inn

The Fernbrook Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2009

A Centerville regular for many decades, I stayed at Fernbrook this summer when my mother's "inn" was fully booked.
The most difficult decision to make is selecting the room. Each room had unique warmth and charm. Mary Anne is a delightful and accommodating host. We enjoyed learning about the Inn's colorful and illustrious history and celebrated, famous guests.
A delightful place to stay in the heart of a charming, quaint town.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Fernbrook Inn

Reviewed October 7, 2009

This was my first stay in a B&B and I enjoyed the experience. I occupied a lovely room in the back of the house with bathroom insuite, which was beautifully appointed. Breakfast was not fancy but satisfying. The place is relatively quiet and the first night I could not hear any acitivity from the other guest. The second night a new guest arrived and I could hear his every move he made.
All in all my stay was lovely and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Our stay at the Fernbrook Inn, was very relaxing, the house is at the center of Centerville with a short walk to Craigsville beach and easy access to Hyannis or any other areas of the Cape. The best overall part of the stay is the delicious home cooking that Mary Anne English has every morning for breakfast. The Inn is full of many interesting rooms, we stayed in the Peach room “or as story has it the Audrey Hepburn room.” All the rooms come with a beautiful view of the grounds, and at times you’ll feel like you’re in a European garden surrounded by bright colorful flowers.
[--]
www.fernbrookinn.com

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Every 4th of July, we attend a family party in the area. We have stayed at several different B&B's in the Centerville area, and while all were nice, none can compare to the Fernbrook Inn. This is the 4th time we have stayed there and we have not been disappointed. The first two times, we stayed in one of the two rooms behind the stairs. They were obviously maid's quarters at one time, but Mary Ann English, the proprietor, has done a terrific job turning these smaller areas into very attractive rooms, each with a private bath and with access to a balcony. The past two years we have stayed in the yellow (cream) room, which can only be described as elegant. It is large, tastefully decorated, with a canopy bed and a turret room on the side that closes off with heavy drapes so that anyone sleeping in the bed is not disturbed by the television or reading light. There is also a private balcony overlooking the pool and a bathroom that defies description. It's gorgeous and it's always hard to choose whether to indulge in the jacuzzi tub for two or hit the large shower. Then again, there's always the lap pool on the side of the house, landscaped to create a little bit of Tuscany in Centerville, with large flowering pots and shrubs lining the sides. Or the rose garden on the other side of the house. Both are beautiful and relaxing. It's less than a mile (great walk) to the Centerville beach. MaryAnne does a nice job also with the breakfasts and is a friendly host, with lots of wonderful stories. And for those of you who can't leave the web behind, there is free wi-fi. We have already booked two rooms for next year! By the way, don't let the website fool you. MaryAnn has not updated this since she redecorated the rooms. You are in for a beautiful surprise.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2008

We had a lovely stay at the Fernbrook Inn. We stayed in the Green Room. The room was clean with a pretty view of the garden. The bathroom was great. The food was very good. The pool area was beautiful and relaxing. Maryanne was very warm and inviting. We could only stay for two nights, but we wished it could be longer!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 2, 2008

Everywhere you look, each room is a work of art. Care is taken with each exquisite detail. Our room was so comfortable. The bathroom was unbelievable!! The best part is the wonderful hostess, Mary Ann English. She is a fantastic cook. The breakfast is magnificent. Her welcoming personality made our stay on the Cape just perfect. I left instructions for my family---in the future, if I am ever missing---you can find me at Fernbrook Inn! If you want to treat yourself to the perfect vacation---go to Fernbrook Inn in Centerville, MA.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Normally, I do not stay in a bed and breakfast. I have found them generally to be musty and overall not very pleasant, especially the linens and bathrooms. This is not the case however, at the Fernbrook Inn. It was a most pleasurable 2 night stay this past weekend when attending a wedding not far away. My family took all six available rooms and everyone is of the same opinion I am.
We were very impressed with the cleanliness and attention to even the smallest details. There is a web site so I won't elaborate about the architecture and grounds except to say they are superior. The rooms include private modern bathrooms. My sisters bathroom shower was enough reason to spend a night there. Upon arrival you are given a key to the front door (always locked) and one for the room-very secure. Finally, we found the proprietor, Mary Anne English to be a most interesting and engaging person. My wife and I are looking forward to a returning soon.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centerville
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 3 in Centerville
Long Dell Inn
Long Dell Inn
#2 of 6 in Centerville

Been to The Fernbrook Inn? Share your experiences!