“good for small kids only, not a full day trip, expensive!”

Edaville Family Theme Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Carver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Edaville Family Theme Park has three worlds in one! Thomas Land, CranCentral, and Dino Land (Seasonal). Also known for hosting the amazing and historical Christmas Festival of Lights (Seasonal).Jon Delli Priscoli purchased Edaville and it's 250 acres in 2002. There have been many exciting changes under his ownership including, the reconfiguration of the entire rail course and the opening of the only Thomas Land in the United States. Additionally, Edaville Family Theme Park opened Dino Land a prehistoric learning adventure filled with life sized animatronic dinosaurs! Throughout the year you can find your favorite characters visiting the park for meet and greets! As October arrives Edaville Family Theme Park stays open late during not its so spooky Halloween celebration focusing on creating a fun and safe trick or treating environment for all children to enjoy . And of course during the holiday season Edaville opens for its world renowned Christmas Festival of Lights that has now grown to display over 7 million lights! Admission at Edaville includes access to all three parks, free parking and a lifetime for family memories.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went today with our 4 young kids, 1,3,5,6. Good time overall...expensive to get in, and the food inside is outrageous. Due to reviews read ahead of time about uncooked, expensive food, we brought snacks, definately would recommend this. The rides were good for our aged kids, however, most of the height requirements meant our 1,3&5 year olds required an adult ride with them, which meant my husband had to ride each ride 3x, as I`m 9 months pregnant and could not ride either. Not a fault of the park, however, with the few small rides available, the height requirements were quite excessive, even the strictest parents would have allowed a 3 year old to go alone, let alone a 5 year old.
For kids any older than 6,there really is only 1 ride (the equivalent of a twirling teacup ride) that they would care for.
Cleanliness was not paid attention to here, nor was maintenance...the bathrooms were absolutely filthy with an awful odor, and overall maintenance was lacking.
The train ride was good for young kids, but quite disappointing for adults. The decorations/lights were not holiday themed (can't quite get used to lighted dinosaurs and palm trees...)and sparse.
Overall, it is what you make of it, if you can get past the sticker shock and have young kids, make an afternoon of it and give it a shot...if you`re travelling from the north, though, turn around and go further north instead and head to Santa's Village, I couldn't complain about that place if I had to!
One last tip, do not plan on spending a day here...even waiting to ride each ride 4x, and my waddling through the "park", we only spent about 3 hours here...

EdavilleUSA, Manager at Edaville Family Theme Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for visiting Edaville. We do offer several coupons and discounts via our website or Facebook page for families to benefit and enjoy from. We do have several amusement rides that are geared between the ages of 1 to 14 and a few others for the older children and adults. All rides do have height requirements that are posted on our website and we appreciate you pointing that out. These height requirements are based on ride manufacturers recommendations as well as state laws. We are surprised to hear that are bathrooms were not in order at the time of your visit, it may have been possible that it was very busy, making it difficult for our staff to maneuver through the crowd to clean, I do assure you that we do our best. As far as the lights, they have different themes and we do plan on adding different lights in the years to come. If you have any suggestions as to what lighting displays would like to see or what we can do to make the train ride more interesting to children and adults, please e-mail us at info@edaville.com.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We brought our daughter here recently and she loved it ! Great place for a toddler. The staff is friendly and helpful. All the lights are beautiful. Train ride is fun. The only drawback was the food. It could be a little bit better. We will continue to go here every year till our daughter gets tired of going. Every family that has young children and celebrates Christmas should go.

2  Thank Walter02171
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We visited the first night of the annual "Festival of Lights" event. Our 3 yo daughter was able to get on every ride multiple times because we there right at park open (4pm) and we had a blast! The park is dated, but has a TON of character. All of the ride operators were friendly and the train ride was nice and warm on the train. We had a great time going the first night. One thing to watch for : in speaking with employees, we clearly went on the best night (opening night) as they said it gets VERY busy once thanksgiving passes. As great as the experience was, not sure that it would have been as enjoyable having to wait 30 minutes in the cold for any kiddie ride. Our experience though, was excellent.

2  Thank Getaway4Now
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My father went here as a child, then brought me as a child, and when I heard it was going to be closed down I was heartbroken because my daughter never got a chance to go. But they changed their mind, didnt sell & reopened. Best thing ever! They have only been re-opened for about a year and we have already gone back 5 times! Each time is just as fun as the last! My daughter loves the rides. Our favorite event so far was the cranberry festival. Lots going on & the crowds weren't crazy(maybe because it was raining about half an hour before we got there) I do avoid Thomas weekends though. Seeing Thomas isn't that important to my daughter & its just too crowded for her. We will be going back in a few weeks to see the Christmas lights! Keep up the good work!!!!

1  Thank Travelista2009
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I used to bring my children here.They have closed and reopened.I now bring my Granddaughter there.She enjoys all the lights.