“Great experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canton
Los Angeles, California
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Overall a great experience. The room was large, very clean, had amenities like shampoo, etc. I was only there two nights but I could see myself spending more time and will book it again if I'm in the neighborhood. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. It's good for business but not for a family trip or romantic getaway.

The only negative is that although they serve a decent breakfast, there is no restaurant nearby, you have to get into a car and drive for a restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carol R
jgarces, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Our team is happy that you had a great experience during your visit at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback and nice words about our staff. We hope to see the next time in the area.

Jag Garces

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I went to the hotel during the weekend before the Boston Marathon. I had two choices, and the other was the Peabody Homewood Suites. I was traveling with my mother, sister, brother and his family of four who were visiting. The reservations gave us adjoining rooms which was a big help. However, a few things put a negative spin on our stay. First off, the hotel was being renovated, and one had to take a pretty circuitous route to get to the front desk. Second, there was virtually NO WI-FI (this I think should be standard in all hotels now). The reason why I was irritated it that I asked the reservations desk specifically whether WIFI was available (*in their website, they indicated that wired internet was available, but when I called to clarify they assured me the hotel had been upgraded so all rooms had Wifi - but it was not true). This left all the kids with their ipads all moving about the room, trying to find a good signal to no avail. The drive from the hotel to Boston also had a lot of traffic if you were driving through I-93, that it could easily double or triple the travel time. So if your navigation system offers you different routes - take the one with the backroads! I also thought that the time allotted for breakfast (6AM-9AM) was not "visitor-friendly" - I thought visitors would probably wake up a bit later than that maybe 630-930AM or even 7-10AM. I also thought that there was not enough room to accomodate all the guests who wanted to eat their breakfast downstairs in the main lobby (although I do understand most hotels were sold out because of the Boston Marathon). The rooms were nice enough, but the wallpaper in room 312 definitely needs to be redone. Having said that, the staff was very nice. The lady who was helping prepare breakfast even tried to accomodate my children's allergies, offering us gluten-free bread! ( Unfortunately we couldn't try it because it had egg)... It would be interesting to see how the hotel looks after the renovations are done, but I may be trying the Homewood Suites in Peabody next time...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jgarces, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Boston. Thank you for the nice words about our staff and team. I also want to thank you for your detailed feedback, for it is through feedback that we can continue to improve our service. It is our goal as a team to strive to give excellent guest service to our guest and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area, our porta cochere should be done and welcoming on your next visit.

Best regards,

Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The only downside of our stay at this hotel was being awakened at 1:00am by raucous guests in an adjacent room. This was really unfortunate as the accommodations and service were first class. The one other minor issue was returning to an unmade room after a full day out. This was rectified immediately, but should not have happened in the first place, especially for the rate levied for the room we had.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our hotel in your visit in the area. We apologize for any noise inconvenience from other guests that you experience during your visit, but I ensure you that our team welcomes our guest feedback so we can continue to improve our service.

We hope to see you soon on your next visit in the area.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This Homewood Suites was as we would have expected of any in this chain - comfortable accommodation, excellent facilities and a great place from which to travel in to Boston, but the staff ... ? So incredibly helpful. Accommodation we planned had fallen through, but I cannot overstate the amount of help Mary Ann and Jeanette, ably assisted by Kristen, and the person who checked us in (but whose name I cannot recall), gave us in trying to source an alternative. Give them all a raise, they deserve it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the warm note about our staff especially to Mary Ann, Janette, and Kristen. Our team is happy that you had a comfortable and our hotel met your needs. I will be sure to share this feedback to the entire team.

Miramar, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was born and raised in Boston back for a family gathering-daughter In law book me at Homewood Suites and I really felt at home. Front desk warm welcome housekeeping pleasant and vey accomodating and the breakfast was sooooooo good will be back in Boston Sept 2014 guess where i want to stay???????? Thanks everyone

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Our team is happy that you stay felt like home. Thank you for the nice feedback about the front desk and we are so glad you liked our breakfast service. We will see you in September in your new home in the Boston area.

Eastport, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was only on an overnight trip but appreciated the superb service of everyone at the hotel. They gave me a very early check-in so I could rest after a long drive before heading to an afternoon party. That meant a great deal! The breakfast was great and everyone was friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice feedback about your visit in our hotel and thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in the area. Our team is happy that we were able to accommodate your early check-in request and you were able to get a good rest. We will see you the next time you are in the area.

New Jersey
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This year, Boston was our choice for spring break vacation with the children. Staying in Boston quickly became financially impossible. This hotel met our needs and then some. The hotel is only approximately 15 miles from downtown Boston (take the train/T in). It may sound far but it really was worth it. Since there were 4 of us, I decided to get the 2 room suite (at half the price of hotels inside Boston). The room was enormous! Beds very comfortable, very clean, and with full kitchen which was great to have left-overs and beverages. The hotel grounds were basic but inside the hotel was very nice, modern, kind of chic. Pool and hot tub were fabulous.
Room came with breakfast included, it was hot, plentiful and with a decent amount of variety. Now, much to our surprise the room also came with dinner.....yes i said it came with dinner! Apparently a few nights during the week, the hotel serves dinner to its' guests. Holy Cow!! It's a simple dinner (pasta, salad, veggies or chicken, veg, rice) but I thought it was extremely above and beyond what other hotels do for their guests.
As for the staff........FANTASTIC!!!! Unbelievable, remarkable customer service. And I truly mean that. From the maintenance man, to the front desk, to all of people in housekeeping, to management........SUPERB customer service. Always said hello, can we help you, anything you need, have a great day/evening, etc. Without any doubt, I would stay here again and highly encourage my friends and family to do the same.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the nice detailed feedback about your stay at our hotel. Our team is happy that you and your family had a comfortable time during your spring break vacation. We also are glad that you find our breakfast and dinner service outstanding and our team helpful and friendly. We will see you on your next visit in the Boston area.

Jag Garces
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Boston Dedham
#1 of 4 in Dedham
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree
Hampton Inn Boston Braintree
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA? Share your experiences!