“surprisingly clean, safe, pleasant place to stay, with good restaurant next door”
Review of Eastern Inn

Eastern Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Buzzards Bay
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We were traveling late and needed a room. stopped at starbucks and using my laptop searched for a motel room. The Eastern inn came up on our search, we saw the bad reviews, but we were tired of traveling and asked someone at starbucks, they said stay at the Eastern Inn, it is right next door and a very nice place.
We took a chance and rented a room. The room was very nice. In fact nothing written in the last few reviews seemed true. The man at the desk helped us with travel plans, gave us a coupon for a free quahog at the restaurant next door, the room was very comfortable and clean. We stayed 2 extra nights. Going back in November

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gladston

Reviewed September 28, 2009

Super shady management. Disrespectful, ignorant, trashy. You'd be better off sleeping in your car under the bridge. Filthy rooms, unsafe environment.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OpenRoadNyc
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We knew from the room rates that we wouldn't be staying at the Hilton BUT this motel leaves a lot to be desired. However, it wasn't so cheap that you would think it would've been as bad as it was either. We arrived late and like another reviewer we would have left if it wasn't so late and we weren't so tired. The room was barely clean but shabby in appearance (not chic shabby). The sheets were so rough, we felt like we'd get splinters from them if we moved around too much. The bath towels felt like Brillo pads and were the size of most hand towels. BUT the worst part of it was that the walls were so paper thin we could hear our neighbors all night long. Long and short we hardly slept a wink. Not sure about the clientele of this place--drugs, sex, rock and roll but we would not go back.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank njlj
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The people who run this place are completely shady. I called and made a reservation about 6 weeks in advance of our travel date. The man I spoke with was pleasant, but he took very little contact information from me and gave me no confirmation numbers. I thought this was a bit perplexing but he assured me that I had a room reserved so I was satisfied with the transaction. Three days later our travel plans changed so I called and cancelled our reservation at the Eastern Inn. I spoke with the same pleasant man, and he assured me that the room was cancelled and no fee would be charged. The night before we were scheduled to check in a received a call from a woman asking when we would be arriving - I told her that I had cancelled our trip over a month ago. I asked her if I would be charged a fee becuase of this unfortunate mistake on their part - and she assured me that I would not be. Minutes after hanging up the phone she called me back and informed that actually I would be charged 150.00 dollars becuase they had no record of my cancellation. Teh whole interaction with this place was shady and left me feeling really bad not to mention 150.00 dollars in the hole.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank FuntimesMaryland
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Our friends recommended we stay at the Eastern Inn. We made our reservation by phone. The king room was very large,clean, and had a recliner to relax in. Across from our room was a deck with lounge chairs and 3 or 4 umbrella tables with chairs. At the end of a day on the beach it was nice to sit out on the deck watch the sunset.
We had coffee and pastries in the morning on the deck outside the office. The pastries were coffee cake and pound cake exceptional taste, so I asked what they were, entemanns.
We agree with our friends, Eastern Inn, is clean, comfortable, affordable, and happy to make your stay pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 31, 2008

This place and it's owners (managers) are bottom of the barrell.
The room I stayed in was completly disgusting. I found someome's old pair of flip flops, and a drink coozy by the bed.
The rug smelled of animal urine. This place needs a serious removation. The bedspreads smelled of a combination of things, making it clear, they do not wash the top pillow covers, and comforters. It was like a huge peachtree dish. I travel quite a bit, and this is by far the poorest place on the map. Drug dealers welcome.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank tetohodges
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We didn't expect too much after reading trip advisor, and we got just about what we expected. We had a meeting at the nearby Mass. Maritime Academy and wanted to be close. The motel was a bit hard to find, just off a traffic circle and next to a biker bar. The reception was friendly. The room was a bit musty, and the property was dated and in need of some renovation. The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank captainmcd
#4 of 6 in Sandwich
Sandwich Inn & Suites
Sandwich Inn & Suites
#1 of 6 in Sandwich

Been to Eastern Inn? Share your experiences!