“Best shrimp and lobster sauce”
Review of Way Ho

Way Ho
Ranked #19 of 38 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
cape cod
“Best shrimp and lobster sauce”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The quantity and quality of the food at this restaurant has been consistently very good in the years I have been eating there. I usually have the same things: a cold Tsing Tsau (sp?) beer and the shrimp and lobster sauce (which comes with a nice bowl of white rice). I have sampled other dishes however and have never been disappointed.The shrimp dish is large enough so that I can make two meals of it. The Asian staff are very efficient altho not particularly warm. The owner/mgr (Benny), however, is almost always there to greet the clientele and seat them in a very friendly manner. He's a very committed Patriots and Red Sox fan so you can often hear him voicing joy or anguish, depending on what his favorite team is doing. If you sit in the front room near the bar, you are going to be looking at a sport's event on their large TV. The back dining room has a bit more atmosphere and is usually quieter except for groups who may be celebrating some occasion. They do a lot of repeat business and many locals go there so you know that they are doing a number of things right. They have been there for many years and have survived hard times when other restaurants in the area closed.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank iosilver

East Wareham, Massachusetts
“Worst Chinese restaurant I have ever been to.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Very loud. Service was slow.
Food had no flavor.
Chow Mien looked and tasted like slop. Meat was fatty.
What a waste of money. Ate some but left the rest behind. When do you not take Chinese home? It was that bad.

• Visited July 2013
Honokaa, Hawaii, United States
“So Disappointed”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

First time I ate at Way Ho was in 2003 and the food was really good. Each time I have returned to the area since the food has continued to decline in quality and each time I blamed my choice as the problem. Yesterday, after a miserable meal, I made the decision to give up on this restaurant. The sweet and sour pork sauce was made with maraschino cherries, vinegar and pineapple. I didn't know it was possible for something with such a strong, unpleasant, vinegar taste to be so sickeningly sweet. Much to my dismay when I pulled the breading off the pork what I saw looked just like the dog I inadvertently ate in Asia - YUCK!!! I'm not saying it was dog, just saying it looked nothing like any pork I've ever eaten or prepared.

The only reason I didn't give this restaurant one-star was because the crab rangoon was still very good, however, not good enough to waste my time or money in this restaurant again.

• Visited June 2013
Orlando, Florida
“A new favorite!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We spotted this as we were driving around the rotary to the Cape and stopped in. Horrible parking right on the rotary, but SO worth it! It is small with a tiny diningroom and even smaller bar, but the food was amazing!! We are basic people and ordered a poo poo platter, pork fried rice, beef with broccoli and beef chow mein. This was the freshed chinese food I have ever eaten. The service was lukewarm, but who cares when the food is so good. I wanted to pack it up and take it home on the plane with me. GO HERE!! Bourne Rotary, directly off of it and parking in back.

• Visited June 2013
“China just off Cape”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Very good lunch menu. Good service. Very nice atmosphere. I've been here a dozen times and was happy every time.

• Visited March 2013