“I ate the whole belly”

Seafood Shanty Incorporated
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love whole-belly clams. But far to many strips are buried in most restaurants' offerings. But not at the Seafood Shanty! All of them were big fat-bellied clams. Gotta love this place. Nice tables with umbrellas outside overlooking the canal.

1  Thank Cliff R

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Awful chowder and very bad atmosphere the staff was untrained and there was no bathroom awful awful awful do not waste time or money

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This place is right across from the Canal. There is no indoor eating or bathroom, outside or take out only with a port-a-potty with a view of the canal. We ordered fish sandwich that came with tomato, lettuce, mayo, french fries and tarter sauce was on the side. Fish was so fresh, very flaky, yummy, 2 nice size pieces, $8. Spicy sausage with green peppers and onions with french fries, ok, basic, $8. Hamburger, basic, ok, ordered Cape Cod potato chips and coffee milk, $10. Fries lacked flavor. I've been wanting to stop here for yrs and finally did. Pleasant service. Won't rush to go back, maybe some day.

1  Thank SpiritsOpinion
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Not much else to say about this shack across from Buzzard's Bay. I'd driven by for years but never stopped, and then about 6 years ago, my wife and I were craving one before we left the Cape. They are simply amazing. Perfect balance of crisp, cold lobster with a light hint of mayo. Perfectly toasted and buttered roll. These are massive. I've never seen a lobster roll so big before - they actually serve it with a fork.

Only downside is price - yesterday (4/13/13) we paid about $45 for two - yikes!

I've never eaten anything else here. Lots of parking but hard to get in and out because of busy road.

Enjoy!

2  Thank Ben P
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm surprised to read even a single negative review of the food at this place, because we found it to be truly outstanding.
Being from RI we've eaten many lobster rolls, but this one was awesome. It was $14 - the going price back home - and came with fries, on a paper plate inside a brown paper bag. I slid out the paper plate from the bag, and for a moment, I didn't know where to start to eat the lobster roll. It was immense, and thankfully devoid of anything but very fresh chunks of lobster with a touch of barely discernible mayo, on a properly toasted roll. It was so delicious that I stopped by the back door before we left to pay my compliments to the cook, something I rarely do.
My husband ordered the clam strips. Yes, the strips, not the bellies. We find them sweeter, so there. Anyway, they were also first rate.
We've driven by this place so often, and assumed it was a tourist trap with mediocre food. That lobster roll is my new benchmark. No, it's not cheap, but that's what fresh, first quality seafood costs. If you want cheap, just buy the bay scallops from China.