“Relaxing experience”

Mezza-Luna Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, clean restaurant. Very soft music plays in the background and the soft lighting makes for a very relaxing experience. The service is friendly but slow. Probably on keeping with the easy, laid back atmosphere. The bread came out fresh and warm and there is Olive Oil on the table if you don't want butter. I got the Chicken Parm. The chicken was nice and thin and breaded just enough to give a nice crunch when you bite into it. There was just enough cheese on top so that it wasn't overly gooey. The spaghetti was perfectly cooked and the marinara sauce was light without being watery. The portion was great for lunch.

If you can take the time to have a nice, relaxing experience, then this is the place for you.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Had an evening meal here, while travelling through the beautiful area of the Cape Cod Canal.
Great service, highly efficient, excellent atmosphere and very welcoming. I had a starter - highly recommended clam chowder ($6) - but I shouldn't have! Simply because the entree I chose (veal parmigiane - $19) was quite the largest cut of veal I have ever had. It was superb. All in all an excellent meal. But by my standards this was pricey - I am South African and was travelling on a weak Rand (ZAR10.80 = US$1).

1  Thank SeadogCapeTown
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stopped on the way back to our home in NH after a wonderful time with friends in Falmouth Ma. Nice different dining areas and we were seated quickly by a very pleasant hostess. Our server greeted us and got us started with cool ice water with lemon and a fairly good Pinot Grigio. I had baked Jumbo Shrimp and my wife had a calamari app with a salad. The food was well prepares and reasonably presented. The side was broccoli Italian style. The food was all just above average. Pricing was just marginally higher than I expected. When I visit a place I always hope for at least one part of the meal to really get my attention. That did not happen here.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have driven by this restaurant so many times. I finally stopped for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. My friend and I enjoyed a caprese salad with lightly fried eggplant and balsamic glaze. Fresh buffalo mozz and large leaves of basil. It was absolutely delicious ~ The server said it was a special so i;m not sure if they have it all the time. i would go back for that dish again and again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I come back to Cape Cod to visit relatives every summer. We always visit the Mezza Luna on Wednesday night to get the Prime Rib special. It is always a nice piece of prime rib, with good accompaniments. The desserts are always a sweet end to the meal. Honestly, I have never had any of the "Italian specialties" here, but have never been disappointed in the Prime Rib.