“Decent, Run of the Mill (Pricey) Italian Food”

Mezza-Luna Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had dinner with wife and another couple mid-week. Mezza Luna is in a summer tourist mecca and is probably better to avoid it, as well as the Cape and Islands on summer weekends. Food was OK, but nothing special. As noted by other reviewers, portions are large, food is bland and prices higher than one would expect. Nothing special about the bread. Since all places on the Cape have three summer months to make it or break it one has to expect some gouging on the prices. You certainly can do worse on Cape Cod and, in my experience, probably not better.

1  Thank charlespukit

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went there in a large group of 12 after our Mass Republican Assembly meeting and they were so accommodating. From the patient, attentive waitress to the warm bread and butter and fantastic manicotti, we were highly impressed. The location is great too as it's just before the Bourne Bridge to Cape Cod.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Met college friends there, good meeting place. They live 45 minutes "off Cape" and we live 45 minutes "over the bridge." Several were visiting from the Midwest. Most of us had haddock and loved it.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Let me preference this by saying that I grew up in an Italian home with an Italian grandmother who made her own pasta and sauces. We went to the Mezza Luna shortly after we moved back to my childhood summer home 8 years ago, and we have never returned. The pasta was overcooked to the point of being paste. The sauce was bland and tasteless. The veal was edible, at least, but not what I would expect to be served in an Italian restaurant. The place has a great reputation, but I have to think that 90% of the people who think it's great aren't Italian. Maybe their "world famous" prime rib is all that it's cracked up to be, but any Italian restaurant that can't get basic pasta and red sauce right isn't worth going back to IMO.

1  Thank mpre53
Reviewed May 18, 2014

After reading the wonderful reviews, I took my son and his friend here for dinner. They're teens so they're not too finicky. We had a reservation but had to wait 10 minutes for the table (even at 8pm!), the waitress was friendly and quickly brought us Nona's "famous" bread with a big scoop of butter. I have no clue why it's famous-- it's doughy sandwich bread that wasn't finished. My son had the caesar salad that he felt was provided by Sysco. I had the house salad that was average (iceberg and carrot sticks) that came with the blandest house dressing. It was just oil! I then had the seafood delight that was more breadcrumbs than seafood. It came with a side of institutional fries. The prices are high, the decor dreary. I won't be back

Been to Mezza-Luna Restaurant? Share your experiences!