“Great Thai food in a very modest location”

KRUA Thai Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This tiny, postage stamp-sized Thai restaurant on Main Street in Buzzards Bay is easy to miss: the very small and rather shabby building does not exactly inspire confidence in a prospective diner. The interior is not appreciably more inviting than the outside; the best that can be said is that it is bare-bones in the extreme.

However, provided that one can get past the humble appearance of the building's exterior and interior, the reality is that this unassuming little restaurant serves up some of the best Thai food that I have ever eaten. The menu is amazingly large for such a tiny place, and the prices are extremely reasonably, especially considering the very high quality of the food. I have never had a run-of-the-mill or mediocre dish served to me. Every plate is cooked to order, and delivery can be a bit protracted if all half-dozen tables are full. They also do a brisk take-out business. One very pleasant woman with modest English-speaking facility waits on table and manages the till. I can't imagine that there is more than one or at most two people in the tiny kitchen.

1  Thank foodbuffs

Reviewed July 18, 2010

wow..what a hole in the wall and what a find. My teen and I were driving back from Mom's and Wrentham Outlets and she Yelped where to get Thai on the way back to the Cape. I have passed this decrepid place many times and had we not searched on Yelp we never would have stopped. The folks are older Thai people..we used the rest room and they were all cozy in the back watching Thai TV having some fun. The food, really good, fresh and as good as I had. The Golden something app was wrapped so nicely and inside ground chicken and corn. The crispy chicken pad thai was wonderful. I had pumpkin custard. A little too hot in the mike but really good. My kiddo loved her fried ice cream. 30.00 with tip and water was our beverage of choice. They did a steady business as well.

1  Thank caribchakita
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Very good food! We had Pad Thai and Yellow curry with vegetables and they were wonderfully prepared; nothing fancy but excellent flavor and texture. Not greasy at all. The food at KRUA Thai stands up to some of the best ethic restaurants in the Boston area.

1  Thank travelnowB42old
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I"ve been to Krua Thai at least 12 times in the last 5 years. I've always enjoyed the meals there, and never found them greasy as one reviewer reports. Of course I also don't order fried food. The Choo Chee Salmon is great, Basil Pad Thai excellent, etc. It's a casual, tiny place with almost a small country kitchen, brightly lit feel. It borders a nice big park and the Buzzards Bay canal.

1  Thank jeff21
Reviewed November 21, 2007

The food was greasy and not even hot. the atmosphere was lacking and the service was slow. The food had little flavor. i would noy go back.

1  Thank garboCapeCod