“Great Meal”
Review of Sandy's Restaurant

Sandy's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: A restaurant that has reopened after a couple of years. New owners that have the original recipes from the old owners.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I visited this past weekend to celebrate mom's birthday. We had a great time! Very friendly staff & excellent service. I ordered fish & chips (delicious!) & mom went with the lobster dinner. Mom had a great time & was very happy with her meal. Ended up bringing home some pie for dessert since we were both so full & we were glad that we did; very tasty!

There are newer reviews for Sandy's Restaurant

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Sandy's never disappoints! Came in last Friday for dinner with the family and will be coming back soon. We ordered stuffed quahogs & calamari for appetizers, there wasn't a crumb left. I decided to go for the seafood platter, it was DELICIOUS, the plate was piled high and at a very reasonable price. It was quite busy but the waitress was very attentive and kind; each plate was delivered with a smile. We have now visited several times and have been pleased with each visit & consider it our "go-to" spot if we are looking for great seafood.

1  Thank Nicole C
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Spent the night in the area and was looking for fried clams. Read an article in the local newspaper and thought why not try this place. The prices were a little too high for us with such a small portion. We decided to try the other food. We ordered linguine with meatballs. The order arrived without the meatballs, when we finally received them they were like frozen no sauce on them and awful. ordered the fried chicken which was ok, thought the breading was too heavy. Fish & chips looked good and the popcorn shrimp was good also. The waitress must of been new as she kept forgetting everything we asked her for. It was not busy at all. I usually do not like to give a bad review but this place unfortunately will be crossed off our list.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Like others, I go way back with Sandy's. I was pleased when it re-opened a few years back. My birthday tradition was, my parents would take me to Sandy's for the fried Fisherman's Platter, followed by a banana split at Betty Ann's. Even as a teenager I could never finish that huge serving. So we went there on my birthday last year. While the food wasn't terrible, it wasn't nearly as good as it was back in the day. There was hardly anyone there, yet, the service was slow, although friendly. I give it an average rating at best. Considering the location, there are better choices in the area.

2  Thank mpre53
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have been eatng at Sandy's since 1988 when we started golfing on Cape Cod on Good Friday. The food used to be phenominal, the portions were huge and the prices were reasonable. They were famous for the best chicken fingers around. A childs portion was enough to feed an army. The shrimp and scallops combo was mostly shrimp and scallops, not fries. There was an odor that was hard to miss throughout the restaurant, not sure what it was, but it was midly unpleasent.

Durng our February vacation to the Cape I decided to visit Sandy's on our way home. I told my family for two days how delicous the food would be. The salad my wife received was horrible: Soggy and terrible. They charged for every cup of coffee and plain ice tea.

The portions were smaller than usual and the bill was over $120.00!

Definitely changed for the worse when the original owners sold out. I am sad to say I will never return.

4  Thank Steve M