“Not good”
Review of Sandy's Restaurant

Sandy's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 38 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: A restaurant that has reopened after a couple of years. New owners that have the original recipes from the old owners.
Bourne, Massachusetts
“Not good”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I are from Cape Cod. My wife and I like good Chowder. Having said that I'd like to say...don't bother with the chowder at Sandys. It's horrible and has a very weird after taste. Neither one of us could finish it...not because we were full but rather because it gross. We tried the fish and chips. The best part of the fish and chips was the french fries that the pathetic piece of fish was sitting on. Thin and rather tasteless piece of fish whatever it was. The cold slaw?...just as bad. How can you screw up cole slaw? Very acidic and not at all fresh. All in all a huge disappointment. There are plenty of places to get good chowder and seafood around here...this place is not it.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank fishlover41469

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pretty good”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a hard time finding the place but it ended up being pretty decent. I had the Poor Man's Lobster and my wife had the Broiled Scallops. Not sure it was as good as we expected but definitely a solid choice.

1 Thank John S
Wareham, Massachusetts
“SANDY'S RESTURANT”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Sandy's has had a great makeover! Looks sooo nice with long wood bar and very nice dining room. Sandy's had been a favorite since we moved here 13 years ago. Great place we went to with friends who are no longer with us. Great memories. We were so sad when it closed down for a couple of years. We (husband & I) with two other people/ They didn't seem as happy as I was with their food, and the prices have gone up some. Two of us had the clam strips and two had the lobster rolls. They said the lobster rolls weren't very big for the price. I was happy with the clam stripes, but our friend wasn't. There was a long wait. The waiter said the order got 'lost', but never informed us until we asked why others who came in after us are eating and we hadn't gotten our food yet. No apology's~maybe he was new. But our friend had to eat in a rush since we were late getting served. and he was heading for a Dr.'s appointment. Overall we were a bit disappointed, but I'm glad to see them open again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Linda Z
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Absolutely Great Seafood”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

There's good seafood kicking around here at the Cape, but Sandy's has them all beat. It's worth the wait to get some of the best (if not the best) seafood I have ever had!

The decor is funky - kinda of like your mother's house in the 70's - having said that the fishing pole rods serving as valances are really cool and imaginative.

Great servers as well.

As someone stated - kinda hard to locate- (just keep spinning around that rotary! - it's worth it).
You'll have a fantastic meal. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Dottie G
“Tasty seafood; wonderful service.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Went here on way home from Ptown. Saw that it was rated #3 on Tripadvisor. I wasn't disappointed. The seafood plate ($22.95) was very generous - it was large enough to share among 2 or 3 people. Service was fast and enthusiastic. Would come back here again next year.

• Visited September 2013