“Home of the Wicked Good Lobster Roll”

Barlow's Clam Shack
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Buzzards Bay
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fast Food
Description: they are on yelp and well known in the area quality seafood
Description: they are on yelp and well known in the area quality seafood
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a quintessential Cape Cod clam shack, the lobster roll is as advertised. It's the best I've ever had. Just straight fresh lobster chunks, no lobster "salad" (no mayo mixed in, but you can add to taste if desired) and at a very reasonable price for all the fresh lobster (I think it was $13.95) We have also on previous visits had the fried clams: tender and not oily tasting. This is located on the road parallel to the canal on the west (mainland) side.

2  Thank dougiefresh_11

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Of the two clam shacks located across from the Cape Cod Canal, this is the better of the two. The clams are tasty and not over cooked or chewy. Pricing is good for the quantity you receive. I
Service is good and friendly, except for the owner/manager, has both indoor and outdoor seating areas, as well as indoor restroom unlike competitor down the street. Deserts are limited, ice cream, pie etc. but are good sized and reasonable.
Will return again.

1  Thank AutoPartsMan
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had been craving a lobster roll all weekend and on the way home from the Cape we saw the sign for Lobster Rolls. They were pricey at $14.00+ with no taste and lots of shells mixed in. There was quite a bit of lobster but the shells were mixed in with the meat. I don't believe there was any mayonnaise which sometimes can be a good thing rather than too much. I had an order of cole slaw rather than the fries. I opened the cole slaw and it was sour tasting and smelled sour. This was definetly passed it's expiration date. I would not stop here for a lobster roll, there are plenty of places along the route to try.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in on our trip home from the cape on 6/29/13, because we wanted to get our last seafood meal in and we are so glad we gave this place a try! It has the small beach town atmosphere I crave and the delicious seafood we both love. We ordered a lobster roll to share, stuffed quahogs, and an order of clam strips. We got it to go and when we opened everything up we were so shocked to see how huge the portions were! The lobster was abundant for the small price of $13.99 for the roll and fries. We had paid double the price for everything anywhere else we'd dined on the cape. We will return every year to barlows!

3  Thank lovethebeachxo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We visited the Cape Cod Canal park across the street, then stopped by for a $4 Hot Fudge Sundae, complete with walnuts and a cherry on top of whipped cream ! Turns out that was dinner as we headed home from there, with a great taste in our mouths from our Caramel and Hot Fudge delights. Next time I'm getting the clams. Pleasant older woman served us and even gave us a large glass of ice water. Thank you !