“Worked Out Great for Our Family Visit”

Boston Marriott Burlington
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We came up to visit my sister and her family who live in the area. We had my wife and I and two sons and their families (each with a baby). We found the place very welcoming and accommodating. We used this more as a crash pad and it was perfectly comfortable. The brunch was great--good custom ommelettes, all the usual fruit and pastery options, bacon, sausage, etc. Servers were happy to make things as smooth as possible for babies.

While there is nothing wrong with the location, I think next time we would go for a downtown hotel or perhaps one closer in so kids had more to do if they wanted to take wives out and leave babies w/ us. Far enough to be a pain to get into the great city of Boston. They can't move the hotel and it is certainly convenient for the local mall, office complexes or if your visiting people nearby (my sister was just far enough away that it was a bit of a pain). That's my problem, not the hotel's/

Room Tip: The breakfast deal worked well for us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

We are happy that you and your family were able to enjoy your stay at the Boston Marriott Burlington. We appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding our brunch. Our central location makes it easy to explore the area and we thank you for sharing your perspective. It is our hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Thank you.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here from the fabulous breakfast to the super shuttle service especially Anthony who was as good as our personal chauffeur!! Tina and the Front desk staff did everything in their power to ensure we had a present stay, convent location very close to Burlington Mall! Looking forward to returning in the near future! Would highly recommend!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We are thrilled that your stay at the Boston Marriott Burlington was enjoyable. Our central location makes it easy to explore the area. It is great that you had the chance to utilize the complimentary shuttle service and get your day off to a great start with breakfast. For your next visit, we are currently offering a Holiday Shopping Package which includes Deluxe accommodations, breakfast buffet for two adults and more. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were satisfied with our previous visit last year and decided to return for a quick one night stay while Christmas shopping in the area.
The lobby and dining area is under renovation, but that didn't seem to bother us.
My wife and I are light sleepers. Upon check-in, we asked for a quiet room. On the previous visit we had a room at the end of the hall, which provided a quiet and restful experience. This time was not the case. They put us on a floor with a wedding party. It wasn't until early the next morning that we realized there were several members of the wedding party on our floor. They started to get ready for the ceremony around 6:00am. They woke us up with loud talking in the hallway. They occupied around 6 or 7 rooms in our floor and used the hallway to congregate and get dressed. They even had the photographer set up in the hallway!
This seems to be a reoccuring pattern with certain hotels. My only guess is that on slow nights; they put all the guests on the same floor, or close together. This makes it more efficient for the housekeeping staff. They can also close off several floors saving money on utilities. Why, when the hotel is at less than 25% occupancy, would you please all the guests on the same floor?
The next morning at breakfast, we were seated at a dirty table. We were accomodated at another table but noticed that all the dishes, cups, and glassware were all stained. Some even had food products stuck all over them.
In all areas, the staff seemed apathetic to providing good service. There was one bartender in the lounge that seemed to care and provide good service.
Never again...there are so many other better choices for lodging in the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hallways are larger and quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fjon
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

To read comments like yours is disheartening as this is not the experience we expect to deliver to any of our guests. We regret we did not meet your expectations on every level and I will share your comments with the team as we refresh our commitment to our customers. We hope that you will have the chance to visit us again so we may restore your trust in us and the Marriott Brand. Thank you.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed one night on a business trip. When I arrived the registration went well and when I entered the room I was pleased. The room was well organized and very functional. The bath was very nice and everything appeared to be clean with one exception. I always check the bed sheets for cleanliness. When I turned down the sheets I found a couple of areas with hair between the sheets. OK - it's possible that the hair was still on the sheets after washing. It's also possible that the sheets were not changed from the previous occupant. When I stay in a hotel, especially a Marriott, I don't want to be wondering whether or not I'm sleeping in someone else's dirt. At a minimum the maid service should be better. The maid should be making certain the sheets are clean when they are placed on the bed. Worst case if the sheets were not changed, management needs to take immediate action to improve service. Unfortunately this is one of those situations where the evidence is not totally conclusive. Everything else in the room worked very well.

Room Tip: Check between the sheets before you get in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mikeinintegra

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is disheartening to read comments like yours and we truly regret any difficulties you may have experienced during your stay. All of our bed linens are changed when a guest checks out of our hotel. I will review your feedback with our housekeeping team to ensure all of our guests can relax while here and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is our hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I took my son and two of his friends to the Burlington Marriott for his 10th birthday. We were doing Lazer Craze, Rain Forest Cafe, and speding the night at the hotel. Upon arrival we met Olivia. We had two rooms reserved and she immediately asked if I would like connecting rooms. When she wasn't able to find the information in the computer she pulled our a book and got us into adjoining rooms with one King bed and the other with two doubles. She was very pleasant.

We went to our rooms, dropped off all our stuff and ran out the door. When we returned around 10:00pm we found 6 pieces of chocolate cake and a birthday card in our room waiting for my son. It was a big hit! I only barely mentioned we were checked in that we were there for his 10th birthday.

Olivia didn't have to do this but she did. I have stayed in many hotels for work and for pleasure. I have been to European Resorts and bid city hotels. This is what true hospitality is! The only thing I can say to the Burlington Marriott is to hold on to her! Fine wine, great food, and a beautiful hotel is nothing unless you have people like Olivia working there.

Room Tip: Don't eat at the Rainforest Cafe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

We are thrilled you, your son and his friends had the opportunity to spend his birthday celebration at the Boston Marriott Burlington. Our customers are our highest priority and we are happy our team was able to ensure your accommodations exceeded your expectations. We hope everyone enjoyed the birthday cake surprise! Thank you for your kind comments regarding the team. I look forward to sharing your comments. It would be great to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Near a large mall to unwind and get off off site. But if your looking for fun "near Boston" this isn't it. Friendly free shuttle service to south station so it makes it easier but otherwise rent a car! Great for business purposes, satisfied with room size, staff was friendly and offered Marriott Rewards...nice considering I have stayed at several Marriott ' & no one has offered. Remodeling lobby but plenty of space to sit and sip coffee. Looking for a quick, delicious meal? Go offsite. Restaurant is mediocre at best, but you can work off the calories in the gym just below, courteous friendly attendant and new equipment.

• Stayed: August 2013
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Located near many businesses and the Burlington Mall, guests to the Boston Marriott Burlington can enjoy our location just off the highway. We are in the process of upgrading our lobby to provide our guests a new Marriott Great Room, perfect for relaxing and unwinding after a long day. Thank you for sharing your experiences and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The staff at the front Desk were not friendly at all. They did not greet me at all, on my way in and when I was checking out. When I got into my hotel room the toilet seat had dried urine on it. There was water in the room that I did not know I was getting charged $3.50 per bottle. This upset me cause nobody told me and I ended up paying $14 for 4 bottles of water. There was no microwave in the room so I wasn't able to heat up my food. The rate for breakfast was $19 per head, which I found to be too expensive. I would not recommend anyone to go to this hotel cause there are a lot of hidden costs.

• Stayed: November 2013
Marri0ttBurlington, General Manager at Boston Marriott Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

It is truly disappointing to read comments like yours as this is not the experience we expect to deliver to our guests. I will review your feedback with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our customers. For any future visits, our website is the best resource when determining which level of accommodations best meets your needs. We strive to ensure any fees associated with a stay are available through multiple channels and we regret you were not made of aware of these charges prior to your arrival. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Sonesta ES Suites Burlington
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
DoubleTree Hotel Boston/Bedford Glen

Been to Boston Marriott Burlington? Share your experiences!